PDA

View Full Version : Swamp bottom phone number?

JDS
09/15/2007, 11:05 AM
I noticed his web site is gone. Does anybody have his phone number. Thanks.

Rainer Feyer
09/16/2007, 06:28 AM
I have been trying to get a hold of him as well, no luck.

If you find a current number, would you please list it?

thank you

JDS
09/16/2007, 07:53 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10776004#post10776004 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Rainer Feyer
I have been trying to get a hold of him as well, no luck.

If you find a current number, would you please list it?

thank you I had to go back to the first thread I posted about him to find his number. 518-733-0960.

I got a hold of his answering machine. It said he was closed for the summer and will be opening up again in late October. You can leave a message and he'll get back to when he can.

Rainer Feyer
09/17/2007, 12:17 PM
Hey JDS,

thank you very much for the info.

Would you let us know if you actually do get a hold of him?

Thank you tons,

blackpearl
11/15/2007, 12:25 AM
Swampbottom is back open, The phone is up and running also. If you call leave a message and Tony will get back to you. He has some new cool stuff in!

He told me the website is back up and running also www.swampbottom.com. I guess there is a new site going up in a couple weeks that is going to be much much better.

Krazy
11/15/2007, 10:51 AM
posting this kind of info is against RC policy.

Rainer you should know better..

You guys shut down ryan for countryliving but then ask for tony and swampbottom...

Its all the same, Its not allowed here...

Rainer Feyer
11/15/2007, 11:26 AM
Keith,

you are just too predictable

Please be aware that for RC members to discuss LFS or any other vendor is perfectly OK, actually, there is even a separate Forum (made by RC) for vendor discussion.

However, for a vendor to Advertise his/ her own store/ material is IS against RC policy.

I am sure your friend Ryan is a great person and I would love to visit his store some day, but, the rules are the rules and we said from the beginning we will stick with them.

I hope this clarifies 'Advertising' versus 'discussion and informatio sharing'.

Krazy
11/15/2007, 11:34 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11188099#post11188099 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Rainer Feyer
Keith,

you are just too predictable

Please be aware that for RC members to discuss LFS or any other vendor is perfectly OK, actually, there is even a separate Forum (made by RC) for vendor discussion.

However, for a vendor to Advertise his/ her own store/ material is IS against RC policy.

I am sure your friend Ryan is a great person and I would love to visit his store some day, but, the rules are the rules and we said from the beginning we will stick with them.

I hope this clarifies 'Advertising' versus 'discussion and informatio sharing'.

Blackpearl works for swampbottom so it is NOT ok for him to be "advertising" the info for the store that he works at.

I hope this clarifies the matter as well.

This posting needs to be removed as its against RC policy as you've said yourself time and again now. ;)

ChrisBuono
11/15/2007, 11:48 AM
Keith, pointing out other people's mistakes doesn't make your past mistakes (or anyone else's) any less of a mistake. Before posting please simply ask yourself, "Is this a constructive comment or not."

Krazy
11/15/2007, 11:56 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11188252#post11188252 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ChrisBuono
Keith, pointing out other people's mistakes doesn't make your past mistakes (or anyone else's) any less of a mistake. Before posting please simply ask yourself, "Is this a constructive comment or not."

I never said my mistakes were any more or any less. But when I did make them, everyone jumped all over me for it.

This place is how you guys make it ya know...

With me, what u give is what you'll get back...

Sorry Chris....

mhurley
11/15/2007, 11:57 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11188151#post11188151 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Krazy K
Blackpearl works for swampbottom so it is NOT ok for him to be "advertising" the info for the store that he works at.

If this in fact true, you are 100% correct. It will be removed and it is a violation of our [ua].

Krazy
11/15/2007, 11:58 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11188294#post11188294 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mhurley
If this in fact true, you are 100% correct. It will be removed and it is a violation of our <a href=http://reefcentral.com/agreement.php target=_blank>User Agreement</a>.

If it wasnt true, I would NOT have posted it. Feel free to visit the cdmas home page for proof if need be.

ChrisBuono
11/15/2007, 12:26 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11187837#post11187837 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Krazy K
posting this kind of info is against RC policy. Rainer you should know better...

Keith, it sounds like your beef is with blackpearl, not Rainer. We're allowed to talk about LFSs. LFS's , however, are not allowed to promote themselves here.

Krazy
11/15/2007, 12:29 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11188505#post11188505 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ChrisBuono
Keith, it sounds like your beef is with blackpearl, not Rainer. We're allowed to talk about LFSs. LFS's , however, are not allowed to promote themselves here.

I have no beef with anyone here clearly.

The problem is the violation of RC terms as always pointed out by Rainer.

As already said blackpearl works for swampbottom as he always posts about on cdmas. He cannot come on to RC and promote swampbottom because he is an employee there.

Its rather simple Chris.

Why drag it on and on ?

Rainer Feyer
11/15/2007, 12:35 PM
Blackpearl,,

do you work for an LFS?

If so, please do not advertise in our forum per RC guidelines.

jallard
11/15/2007, 02:50 PM
:rolleyes:

ohhh the drama

S Bottom
11/15/2007, 10:30 PM
Hello
I feel I have to chime in. Blackpearl is not on my pay roll. He is a good frind and lives next store to me. He does post for me on CDMAS were I pay for the right to promte my store. Most of you know I cant type and dont to learn. Does anybody rember reefd ? no one stoped him. And he was employed for a LFS.

Tony

mhurley
11/15/2007, 10:44 PM
Tony,

Thanks for the honesty.

Unfortunately, that relationship and the postings cross the line here and are not going to be allowed.

Regarding reefd (whoever that is), Reef Central can't stop what we don't know about. There are 9,000 new posts a day on this board and we can't possibly read them all. We rely heavily on the membership to report things to us to look into. So if that's true, it as well is a complete violation of the rules.

ChrisBuono
11/15/2007, 11:05 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11188305#post11188305 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Krazy K
If it wasnt true, I would NOT have posted it.

Well Keith, it looks like it wasn't true and yet you DID post it. Seems to me that you owe a few people an apology.

S Bottom
11/15/2007, 11:20 PM
Blackpearl is my neighbor all of my customers are my neighbors some live closer than others but are still my neighbor so how does blackpearls post cross the line. If that was the case all members that refer to SB would crossing the line. I am not trying to play hard ball just want to clarify. I am sure lots of people would be willing to help me out. does that they cant speak freely
Tony

Krazy
11/15/2007, 11:35 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11192436#post11192436 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ChrisBuono
Well Keith, it looks like it wasn't true and yet you DID post it. Seems to me that you owe a few people an apology.

I wont be giving anyone an apology....

The following was copied from the cdmas site ...

BlackPearl
CDMAS Member

Re: New CDMAS council
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 12:12:22 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Im working side by side at swampbottom and don't want any problems. My intrest is the club being a great place to be as most of us feel...I don't want any problems to come about becuase of me work.

He says he's working there, Tony says he isnt...

Hmmm..

Which is it...

blackpearl
11/15/2007, 11:49 PM
O.K.

Lets clear this up, for the people that like to start trouble. The question was asked about the swampbottom website being down. I answered it. The question was asked about swampbottom being closed, I answered it. I didn't start a new post saying, Hey everyone come to the swampbottom bla bla bla..... There is a big diffrence.

I was just trying to help answer a question I knew the answer to. As for being on the payroll, Im not. As for helping Tony out, Yes I help him out, I love coral I love the hobby, and if someone in it needs help Im willing to do so.

And Keith as for the post I made on Cdmas, It was about the question - do I want to be on the Council. And I answered with what you copy and pasted. I didn't think it would be fair to the club or myself if I was on the council and helped Tony out with the postings.

Im not intrested in making anyone angry, Im intrested in the hobby. Im intrested in having fun with it as that is what a hobby is for! So Im very sorry if a made anyone angry over answering someones question. I was just trying to help!

Rainer Feyer
11/16/2007, 07:50 AM
Keith,

as you can see, the intentions of both Blackpearl and swampbottom, as always, have been in the real of helping and NOT in the realm of self promotion.

Would it be possible for you to accept this, be aware that there will be no direct advertising by Swampbottom? I realize that you acting out of anger because the actual direct advertisement of your friend was not allowed.

As for Jallard - ...... enough said.

I for one WILL continue to write posts about LFS's who happen to have nice coral or happen to have a good deal. I am not advertising unless I get a kick back.

mhurley
11/16/2007, 09:14 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11193808#post11193808 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Rainer Feyer

as you can see, the intentions of both Blackpearl and swampbottom, as always, have been in the real of helping and NOT in the realm of self promotion.

Actually, that's a matter of perspective that RC will decide based on our rules.

ChrisBuono
11/16/2007, 12:02 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11194096#post11194096 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mhurley
Actually, that's a matter of perspective that RC will decide based on our rules.

Mike, I know you probably have better things to do than babysit us, but if you follow the thread from the top I think you’ll see that blackpearl was simply responding to a member’s question with factual information (phone #, etc.) and not soliciting for any LFS.

Please do us all a favor and close this thread.

Krazy
11/16/2007, 12:04 PM
Rainer,

I dont believe ryan was in the "realm" of self promotion either but you acted fast and swiftly to report his postings and note the rules that it against RC policy to do such.

In fact I dont see any other LFS for the matter offering help, advice, throwing "frag fests" at there stores, etc.. ..

Long story short...

If we gotta follow the rules here, We need to follow them to a T and dot the I as well. No bending over for this one or that one...

Sorry but this place IS what you make it...

Krazy
11/16/2007, 12:25 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11195044#post11195044 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ChrisBuono
Mike, I know you probably have better things to do than babysit us, but if you follow the thread from the top I think you’ll see that blackpearl was simply responding to a member’s question with factual information (phone #, etc.) and not soliciting for any LFS.

Please do us all a favor and close this thread.

He does no soliciting huh

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1250133

Mike I'd agree please close the thread and remove the swampbottom info please...