PDA

View Full Version : Scientific Coral

BristolWorm
02/06/2000, 09:29 AM
Anyone ordered from here? The are really pricey and awefully secrative. What gives? I can understand to an extent the pricing if people are paying for it, but what is so secret about their techiniques that they can't share them? I just didn't think that was the spirit of this hobby, but hey it wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong.

------------------
BW

Mikey
02/06/2000, 09:52 PM
Obviously, scientific corals is not about "the spirit of the hobby". I had to meet him in a Best Buy parking lot to get my frags. It was very unprofessional and looked very suspicious to say the least. Yes, the frags are nice, but i also have received equally nice frags from aquatic wildlife company this week and they share all info. I was able to freely walk around the facility at my own leisure and enjoy the experience of picking my frags out. There are plenty of places to obtain nice cultured pieces from, so I will not continue to support a coral farm that keeps secrets at this point in the game. Its very uncool and selfish.

Mike

[This message has been edited by Mikey (edited 02-06-2000).]

MegaDeTH
02/07/2000, 12:09 AM
Sounds like a crack dealer, meeting in the parking lot.

About a year ago he gave a lecture on #fish, he said the same thing, and would not answer my questions, seems helping others grow corals isnt very high on his list, but making money is. With the hobby being looked at in the light it is now, and hopefully at the least better regulations put in place, outfits like this need to share thier info, it's not like it'll make his corals grow any slower. L8r mega

------------------
megareef.freeservers.com (http://megareef.freeservers.com)
Yup, new url, finally thumbnail index html's on the folders, and a streaming webcam!

Pikaboo
02/07/2000, 01:42 AM
Mikey,

What's the website for Aquatic Wildlife Company?

Thanks.

Mikey
02/07/2000, 04:49 PM
aquaticwildlife.com
Joe is the guy to talk to if you call. John is the owner but isnt always there. He has another store down the road.

Mike

BristolWorm
02/07/2000, 08:45 PM
Aquatic Wildlife is the poop. I was there about a week ago. Great setup and livestock. Really laid back operation so don't get to frustrated if they seem to move slow. Joe is a sharp guy who really appreciates the hobby and loves to trade corals. I will order from them often. No I don't work there. I just had a great experience and feel that they really exhibit the spirit that got me into this hobby.

------------------
BW

FOX
02/08/2000, 09:18 AM
Sounds to me like he's just working out of his house or something.

FOX

------------------
angelfire.com/ak3/korysreef.htm (http://www.angelfire.com/ak3/korysreef/)

Martyn
06/04/2000, 04:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MegaDeTH:
Sounds like a crack dealer, meeting in the parking lot.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Now how would you know about that Meg :D :D
Martyn
Ps should of searched first sorry.