PDA

View Full Version : September meeting

aquafien
09/09/2007, 08:52 PM
anyone know where the meeting is at on friday. i think i have a couple new people that would like to check it out.

rabid frog
09/09/2007, 09:53 PM
Im hosting it at my place. But you better leave now cuz it will take you a while to get here!!

J/k btw. Hope all is well!!

GreenUku
09/10/2007, 01:42 AM
Isn't this month's meeting on the 21st?

El Jefe9830
09/10/2007, 09:29 AM
The NMOK site says the meeting is Sept. 21st.

israelnajar
09/10/2007, 12:48 PM
Thats right 3rd friday of the month.

aquafien
09/10/2007, 09:44 PM
my bad who's going to be hosting

Mrs_Witchdoctor
09/18/2007, 10:12 AM
Mike is hosting, we're getting directions out today! :) Happy Tanks, J

israelnajar
09/18/2007, 04:29 PM
Also when are dues due? Is everyone on the same date or the anniversary of when you signed up? Or do you just let everyone know when they need to re-up?

Thanks

Catawaba
09/19/2007, 12:07 PM
Please send/resend the driving directions. THANKS

aquafien
09/21/2007, 11:28 AM
i wish i could come by but i have to be present in el paso today. i will be checking out the saltwater stores there. everyone have a good time tonight.

El Jefe9830
09/21/2007, 10:59 PM
Yeah I didn't make it tonight either. I wish I could of. Next month for sure though.

Hope everyone had a good time.

aquafien
09/22/2007, 03:27 PM
so does anyone have any input on how the meeting went.

moonpower
09/24/2007, 05:14 PM
My Mom and I were Mike's only guests! Maybe we can get the next meeting organized in advance so people can make plans and call ahead. We should know at one meeting who is hosting the next. If the leaders of this club are not interested enough to show up then lets get someone who is.

As for dues I would like an accounting for the dues I have paid.

israelnajar
09/24/2007, 10:21 PM
Sounds good to me. I am sorry that I didn't make it to the meeting. I have had to spend a lot of time out of town.

Unfortunately I will not be able to make it to the next meeting as I will be out of town again. :(

The one after that I am sure we will make it.

aquafien
09/26/2007, 08:43 PM
sorry to hear that the meeting was a bust. i think moonpower is right. for this being a well organized organization would ought to know what is going on atleast 90 days out. as for dues, i understand its only $15 but in the past 9 months i have not seen one thing that the dues go to. what does everyone think about getting this awesome club turned around and get some things planned. i use to be part of a different reef club and things just got boring and fell apart. lets not let this happen to this one.

moonpower
09/27/2007, 01:19 PM
Maybe we should start a new thread..... What do you want from your reef club? and what are you willing to do for it?

El Jefe9830
09/27/2007, 03:34 PM
I am interested in what people would expect out of their Reef Club. I actually do some work in PHP and HTML coding, so maybe I could help with those things. I have talked to WitchDoctor about helping, and she has expressed interest in me helping her.

As most of you know, there have been many reasons why Witchdoctor hasn't been around as much as she would like, and I believe she would love to be readily working with the Reef Club, but is just pulled in many directions right now. At least this is what I have gathered from her in a few PM's we have passed back and forth.

Besides helping with the current site, I could make a new one even. I would probably focus the attention more towards our own forum, maybe directed towards the Southwest instead of just New Mexico. I know a guy who started a local racing site, and it has grown beyond belief to encompass people all over the SW and Texas. That would be more what I would envision from a site that I would create. Something similar to that of Reef Central, but on a much smaller scale, geared towards people in NM and other areas nearby.

I am open to that, and in fact would love to start a site like that, but in NO way do I want to step on anyone's toes that have worked hard with NMOK. I am fairly new to Salt Water Aquariums, and am a baby as far as knowledge goes, but I am sure with the people we have in Albuquerque, we would have no problem getting a great amount of knowledge on a forum based site. I am open to just about anything. I can help, just be an active member, or start a new one. Just would like to see what everyone wants.

Based on the people I have met and the help I have received after just a few posts that I have, that we have a great community of people in Albuquerque, and we could really have a great Reef Club.