PDA

View Full Version : Incredible shrinking toadstool

Sue_OT
10/08/2002, 10:41 PM
I am so glad I found you guys. I have been reading old posts for about a week now, and have learned a lot! I am not exactly a newbie, but I haven't had much guidance.

Tonights dumb question - I have had a beautiful toadstool in my tank for about a year. He is usually 7-8 inches tall, and has his tenticles (?) extended during the day.He pulled in his tenticles a little over a week ago, and hasn't been out since. Today he started shrinking. He is probably down to 4-5 inches tall. Water quality is fine. I checked the water temp to make sure it's not too cold (Seinfeld - Shrinkage:p )

Any ideas?

edsiajb
10/09/2002, 01:28 AM
Sue,
There may not be anyone here with the experience (at least with your particular situation) to answer your question. Have you posted this question on the coral forum?
Jonathan

Legion
10/09/2002, 04:17 AM
Sue,
I agree with Jonathan as well make sure to post in Eric's forum hes really the expert. Although IME sometimes my toadstool would do the same thing occasionally. Usually when I would do a water change,move something, or just had my hands in the tank in general.If I may what corals are in close quarters to it?Was your last water change in conjunction with this shrinking? Is it possible it may only be a shedding (which they will do sometimes)? Have you added any buffers at all for calcium/alk? Some of theses are reasons mine will do similar to yours(and in theses cases there is no cause for arlarm) However there could be 1000 reasons why its doing what its doing, the questions I asked though are common reasons and therefore I thought I should ask. Let me know:)