PDA

View Full Version : What happened to my Peppermint shrimp?

Sue_OT
10/08/2002, 06:01 PM
About 3 weeks ago, I put 3 peps in my 45 gallon tank to try to control aptasia (I am overrun with them). I haven't seen any of them since about 5 minutes after I put them in tank. Any ideas where they may have gone? Are they know to be reclusive? Could they have been dinner to something? I have 2 cardinalfish, a batfish, engineer goby, percula clown and 6 line wrasse. I also have the normal assortment of hermit crabs and snails. I also have lots of soft coral, a big brittle star and an emerald crab.

I haven't torn the tank apart looking for the shrimp, but have spent a good deal of time staring into the depths looking for them.

Thanks for your help,
Sue

skilos1
10/08/2002, 06:22 PM
i usually don't see my peppermint shrimp but he's in there do you have a red light to look at your tank when all the lights are out they usually show up after the lights go out. i didn't know my was still in there until i moved them into the new tank and found him.

Sue_OT
10/08/2002, 10:02 PM
I just snuck up on my tank with a flashlight ( I didn't have a red light) and looked. Sure enough, one of them was right out on the front of the rock. I didn't find the others, but I have faith that they are in there since I found one of them.

Thanks,
Sue