PDA

View Full Version : 55 gallon set-up

gregrunningbird
08/23/2007, 12:37 PM
Hey all, I used to post here quite a bit, but my life took some rather unexpected turns this year and I am getting rid of my 55 gallon tank.

Thanks for all the help from the NMOK group, especially Jen and Mike and Israel and Peggy, y'all have been so helpful and patient with me, sorry to return the favor by getting out of the hobby.

Here goes: I have a custom stand (tank starts at 44" high, taller than most) and hood with an Icecap A4 ballast wired into 3 VHOs with all the trimmings. An Icecap 4" fan is attached to cool it off. The 55 gallon tank is in good shape. I have an Aqua C Remora PS driven by a Mag3 pump. Also have 2 Stealth heaters (200 Watts), and a number of Maxijet powerheads (1200s primarily). A few other knick-knacks, but you get the idea.

If you know of someone who is interested in trying the hobby out, I could easily be talked into a smokin deal. If you simply want another tank to play with, this could be a great start-up at a very low price. If you are hoping to resell everything on Ebay immediately, don't bother responding. I hope to help someone out there in the NMOK club, if possible, to keep the good karma here in ALbuquerque.

pm here, please don't ask for pictures, as I can barely start the computer, much less coax it into posting pics for me!