PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from a Plant City reefer

ricknbecky
10/05/2002, 08:59 AM
Just wanted to say hi...

Newbie to the hobby - but my Marine Biologist Fiancee insidted we get a reef tank -

After much reading - and discussions....

I assembled:
20G (large nano )
20# LS
30# LR ( all from TBA and a few base pieces from Gulf-View - all really nice except for the Aptasia - but as its not bothering anything and on the backs of rocks I meay leave it alone )

2 Maxijet 450s
1 Penguin 125 with biowheel removed and using a cut polybad for large particulate removal.
100WT varitemp at 79 degrees
Helios 2x55 PC ( 10k and A3 bulbs )

and thats about it....

It appears that I am cycling quite quick ( I guess a product of the rocks never being out of the water for long as they were in the water all the way home - the whole 20 min drive )

so far I have found
12 XMAS worms
tons of barnacles
3 mulloscks
tiny snails and 1 fiddler crab
2 cukes

scubadude
10/05/2002, 06:21 PM
Would be great to have you guys at our meeting on Oct. 26th. I think you will find that this group is very warm and accepts all levels of hobbyist to the club.....would be nice to have a marine biologist in the mix too....Galleon which will be comeing too is going to Eckerd right now so that in itself would be overwhelming to have this type of array in our group on a regular basis! Please do try and find the time to come to our meetings.

TROPHYKW
10/05/2002, 06:40 PM
Heys guys ,we would love to have you at the meeting , hope you can come .There alot of fun and Rocky we do have a marine biologist in the club ,it's Ramone he works at sea world. Pretty Kool
Thanks Nick
Vice President Of ORCA
http://o-r-c-a.com/index.html