PDA

View Full Version : How do I get a business license?

spsphreak
10/04/2002, 06:08 PM
I was curious about how one would go about getting a business license for setting up an online livestock store. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Scott

eddie
10/04/2002, 09:42 PM
depends...I dont need one in my state cause they dont really have them..I guess. I have contacted all the proper offices and that is what I learned.Also since I'll be selling captive raised live stock which will be grow by me the addministrative officer at the salse and use tax office told me I dont have to collect sales tax ..just like a Nursey plant & produce farmer in my state.All I have to do according to the guy I talked to is get a tax Id # and tell them not to activate it(so they dont send me quarterly forms) so I can buy from wholsalers.Since I wont actualy be reselling what I buy only captive raised fragments of the broodstock .Like a plant Nursery.
Far as filing for start up losses the Income tax office told me to fill out a schedule C form.Not sure if I'll bother with that yet.
also I had to contact the Agri/Aqua culture office and the guy I talked to there said I may need a Aqua culture permit but that their aqua culture staff had been cut to only one guy Tom Ellis who was'nt in so I have to contact him next week.but I asume I only need a permit if its for human consumption.(wich its not)but the permit is free anyway.heck all the people i talked to had never even heard of keeping live coral for a hobby.

spsphreak
10/04/2002, 10:23 PM
Thanks eddie. That is just what I needed to know.

Scott

eddie
10/04/2002, 10:55 PM
N/P

I know how it can be to get helpful info when it comes to this end on the boards

eddie
10/04/2002, 11:04 PM
oh..I got the phone # for the SBA office on thier web site for my state.they give me all the #'s I needed to contact