PDA

View Full Version : What items will you bring to the Sept meeting to sell or trade

mikekman
08/13/2007, 10:50 PM
Hey guys, anyone have stuff they want to sell or trade for the Sept meeting? It could be coral frags or maybe a small piece of equipment. Nothing large like a 225 gallon tank. :D :D

I will for sure bring:

---Used SEIO 620 -works fine, it was from my old tank

---A few frags of a non photosynthetic yellow gorgonia that has white polpys. Does not need light. Its polyps are big enough to catch cyclopeez. Looks very pretty, will try and get pics of what I'm bringing

----A few frags of some green zoanthids. Not into greens so someone may like them.

----Blue clove polyps -they are really blue and look great. Know what babys breath the flowers look like? Well these look like it. Small and forms in big clumps, will get pics to show what they look like.

Will let others know what I might bring. Nothing is final as of yet.

If others have an idea what they might bring, post it on this thread.

micynyorkies
08/13/2007, 11:02 PM
I'd bring at least one frag of my neon green kenya tree frag. Maybe a 12 gallon nanocube that I am trying to rehome, if someone is interested. I won't actually bring Banggai babies, but will have some really nice ones available around that time.

32flavors
08/13/2007, 11:15 PM
I would be interested in some bangaiis for my home aquarium. Let me know when they are ready.

pugman
08/13/2007, 11:19 PM
Sorry one of my employees must have used this computer and it logged her in instead of me. I am' the one who is interested in the bangaii fish(two) one boy and one girl.

32flavors
08/14/2007, 02:43 AM
PM sent ;)

micynyorkies
08/14/2007, 09:31 AM
Great! They are too young to tell if they are boys or girls, but I am sure that I have some of each.

mikekman
08/14/2007, 09:33 AM
Don't have a digital camera to borrow at the moment (been borrowing to take some of these pics) so I went online and found a place that has the exact things.

http://reefready.net/upload/Blue%20Snowflake%20Cloves%20large.jpg
AWESOME! I have at least 2 frags, can get more ready probably. I will just put some rubble near it and let it encrust onto it.

boviac
08/14/2007, 06:28 PM
Mike, That isn't the blue xenia is it? Whatever it is I'd like to have some!!! ;)

mikekman
08/14/2007, 06:44 PM
The picture is of blue clove polyps and yes they are very pretty and can grow fairly fast and encrust over live rock, rubble, etc.

Thought of some more stuff I was going to bring:

-blue clove polyp frags

-orange gorgonia w/ white polyp frags

-used seio 620 pump

-two rocks, each with a large neon green yuma. They are pretty, but I want to make room in my tank for other stuff besides rics and yumas

-a few polyps of bright green ricordias. Again, want to make room for more other stuff.

-few various frags of green zoanthids.

Thats it for now.

boviac
08/14/2007, 06:46 PM
Mike, I can bring either my small pocket or my wife's nicer digital camera over for you. Let me know.

boviac
08/14/2007, 11:49 PM
I'm getting tired of the size of that huge Nephthia tree colony in the center of my tank so I took my razor and sliced as close to the base as I could and moved two huge, fat trees over to the 29. So I'll have some - $10 or trade. Hopefully by the 14th they will have attached to a rock for easier mounting.
Wow corals below are now getting about 100% more light.

boviac
08/14/2007, 11:50 PM
Heres my 'Local Introduction' full tank shot. It's pretty easy to figure out what I'm talking about.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k21/boviac/IMG_1133a.jpg

kinghokus420
08/15/2007, 12:15 AM
hey chris, put me down for a chunk of that nephthia, my wife likes it.

boviac
08/15/2007, 12:21 AM
You got it. It prefers lower to medium flow and will strive for light. Grows quickly and easy to frag. Slippery and deflates once fragged however, so it can be challenging to get it to mount to a designated surface.

By the way, congratulations on 25 Posts!!! :D :D :D

mikekman
08/15/2007, 12:36 AM
Kinghokus, get a large rubble rock and a rubber band. Put the nepthea on the rubble rock and then tie it down with the rubber band. Easy way to get iit to stick. You can do that to xenia too.

boviac
08/15/2007, 12:48 AM
Yeah I too would recommend rubber bands. I've tried fishing line but the darn things just squish down and float away.

missyshrout
08/15/2007, 06:23 PM
Mike, I want some of those blue clove polyps, they are soooooo pretty.

I don't have a clue what I can bring yet.

But I will let you guys know.

mikekman
08/15/2007, 08:43 PM
Even if you can't bring anything, thats ok so don't worry to much! Just bring some cash because some people are going to be selling stuff.