PDA

View Full Version : How was the meeting?? Any pictures??

Mr James
08/13/2007, 10:36 PM
Sorry I missed it, but business had to come first.

tarax
08/14/2007, 09:52 PM
I felt the meeting was great.. I am sorry you had to miss. We discussed lots of different things and got to see Matts Tank..

Moonguy and IceReefer took some photos.. Maybe they will post.

icereefer
08/20/2007, 07:33 AM
LOL I was to busy listening to everyones input , I never did get a shot off with my camera...LOL.
Vishnu I believe did though?

blacktone
08/24/2007, 02:57 AM
Wait.. how did I end up in Red River Valley Aquarium Club?? Greetings Y'all from the South!

Mr James
08/24/2007, 06:51 AM
Hey Jeff!! It's probably the triple digit heat that is getting to you!! Our Panhandle Reef Club was this size when I moved there. Mike and Ed were the only ones online. We had the first reef club meeting at my house. Now look at you guys!!

We'll get there, it will just take some time. Heck, we may even split off from the Fargo Group and start our own, because of the distance between here and there. Ya never know.

Turbo5oh
08/24/2007, 01:54 PM
hey to the people that got my plate corals how are they doing? did they make the trip ok?

oh yeah the meeting was fun, i enjoyed talking about nerdy fish stuff, but i think the old lady was getting a little bored, she doesnt realy get all the lingo

Mattewell
08/24/2007, 03:50 PM
Turbo... Next meeting Ill write you a check.... The plate coral is doing ok. It hasnt extended its tentacles yet, I think Im going to try to put it in an area that has less flow, I think the flow is disturbing it. Im really anxious to feed it, I know if I get some food down it, it will start to do better.

icereefer
08/24/2007, 07:10 PM
Turbo Mines doing good,
you need to let me know what you want for it though.???

Turbo5oh
08/24/2007, 07:20 PM
matt-
yeah the slower flow should help, it seemed the less flow i gave them the more the tentacles would come out, but maybe its still freaked out who knows, they are hardy little buggers so it should eventualy come out of it, im not realy worried about getting money for it just keep me in mind if u frag off something cool down the road

ice- i cant make up my mind i have a weak spot for zoo/paly's but id like to start trying some sps, being that this new tank set up had sps in mind when put together. maybe something sps and then we can see if i have something else ya want

icereefer
08/24/2007, 07:55 PM
would you like to try a frag from my stag?
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d92/Jim-Durso-/IMG_0330-1.jpg

I can get you a frag of my Violet paly's too.
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d92/Jim-Durso-/IMG_0333.jpg

Mattewell
08/24/2007, 08:22 PM
speaking of frags.... Jim, how are the moon polyps I gave you doing? Did they survive?

icereefer
08/24/2007, 08:56 PM
oh there doing great they are little pigs they just love my vita-chem enriched Mysis shrimp I give them. that candy cane is going good to I just had to drop it down a bit in my tank it didn't seem to like my lighting It was just to strong for it I believe , but I'm slowly adapting it to it and seems to be doing just fine. those encrusts and GSP doing OK?

Turbo5oh
08/24/2007, 09:48 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10628099#post10628099 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by icereefer
would you like to try a frag from my stag?
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d92/Jim-Durso-/IMG_0330-1.jpg

I can get you a frag of my Violet paly's too.
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d92/Jim-Durso-/IMG_0333.jpg

OOooo i may have just pee'd a little, yes please on that acro,
check out my post with my tank pics in it and let me know if there is something u would want for those palys

Mr James
08/24/2007, 11:21 PM
Nice greeny Jim!! Yummy!!

icereefer
08/24/2007, 11:41 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10629546#post10629546 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Mr James
Nice greeny Jim!! Yummy!! :D Thanks! yeah they've been growing nice.

icereefer
08/24/2007, 11:50 PM
yeah I'll get you a nice frag of them turbo,
my main problem is I'm slowly going over to the dark side (SPS/LPS) and will be slowly doing away with most of my softies in the future. so I'm really not needing any softies, I still have most of my ricordea's some zoa's, GSP, RBTA, sinularia, Rhodactis and Discosoma mushrooms I'll be thinning out too.

Mattewell
08/25/2007, 03:24 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10628447#post10628447 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by icereefer
oh there doing great they are little pigs they just love my vita-chem enriched Mysis shrimp I give them. that candy cane is going good to I just had to drop it down a bit in my tank it didn't seem to like my lighting It was just to strong for it I believe , but I'm slowly adapting it to it and seems to be doing just fine. those encrusts and GSP doing OK?

Jim, Yeah, those little candy canes are sensitive to light.... I had to pull those candy cane frags out of my 36 because they were really bothered by the intense light of the metal halides.... I found that when I had PCs over the tank the candy canes did the best... Thats why I placed them in my 75 instead. I would say that they would do the best in your system if you put them in the shade of a rock and feed them mysis or some squid pieces every once in a while.

Mattewell
08/25/2007, 03:55 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10628447#post10628447 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by icereefer

Jim, Yeah, those little candy canes are sensitive to light.... I had to pull those candy cane frags out of my 36 because they were really bothered by the intense light of the metal halides.... I found that when I had PCs over the tank the candy canes did the best... Thats why I placed them in my 75 instead. I would say that they would do the best in your system if you put them in the shade of a rock and feed them mysis or some squid pieces every once in a while.

Mattewell
08/25/2007, 06:06 PM
Yeah everything that was on the liverock you gave me is doing well. The mushrooms are especially doing well, I really like the blue (purple) mushrooms... I wish I had a whole colony of them... I will soon enough. I did see one small brittle star in the rock the first day but haven't seen any since... are they hiding... did my fish eat it? I will just have to keep watching for more.

icereefer
08/25/2007, 10:04 PM
the little red brittle stars? if so they get about the size of a fifty cent piece and there awesome scavangers, they mostly for the most part stay hidden.

Mattewell
08/26/2007, 09:08 PM
the brittle star might have been red... Hope they decide to stay in my tank. I really love that sigularia you gave me jim. It is a really nice addition to my tank. If you ever want a frag off it let me know.

icereefer
08/27/2007, 07:41 AM
Glad you like it , it has some pretty nice Neon green polyp extention, yeah I've had that sinularia for over 5 years, and many off string from it.