PDA

View Full Version : Regional frag swap in Dixon on Sat. Oct. 6

budgetyourself
08/13/2007, 04:44 PM
Hi - It is time to start getting ready for the regional frag swap to be held in Dixon on Saturday Oct. 6. We will be starting promptly at 12:30.

You must be a member of a reef club to be able to participate. You should be able to join a local club the day of the swap.

There will be a Rare category, you will have to bring 2 rare frags to earn one pick. This way, rare corals make it into the general swap. As the time gets closer, rare corals will be determined.

We will be picking in groups, when you arrive you will draw a name tag with a picking group on it. We will be picking Rare, A, B, C, etc. then start back down - C, B, A, Rare.

We will be having a BBQ for the cost of $6.00

If you do not have frags to bring, you can buy in for $15.00 which will go towards the purchase of frags to add to the tables.

We will also be having a raffle of corals.

This only works if we have alot of generous poeple who are willing to frag their corals to share with others. Start fragging now, so your corals get a chance to heal.

D-Rod
08/13/2007, 05:11 PM
huh? What?
What the where is a Dixon?

BBishop
08/13/2007, 05:11 PM
Is this being held at Pat's house?

budgetyourself
08/13/2007, 05:15 PM
Dixon is between Vacaville and Davis on Hwy 80. It is at Pam's house.

BBishop
08/13/2007, 07:05 PM
Thanks, I'll be there.

ZeRo 91
08/16/2007, 02:14 AM
Shouldn't this be in the NorCal forum?

BBishop
08/19/2007, 04:58 PM
This is an open event. You have to be a member of a club and they have to have to have you on a roster to attend.

We have a club here, Central Coast Reefers, This might be a good time to have another meeting to re-establish ourselves, and get the names of everyone who might be interested in attending.

I have attended this event before, it's a good one and I will be there this year.

Brewen
08/19/2007, 11:09 PM
Hey Bill will have to look at my budget to see if I can go. I am very much up to a gathering of local reefers again meet n greet. How was the RAP in SOCAL? Gary

BBishop
08/20/2007, 08:05 PM
It was AWSOME.

Several new products were on display. Tons and tons of corals for sale, cheapest I saw was $10 and the most expensive was $500. Lots of free give-aways and several raffels. My friend from down south won a new skimmer. I bought a few corals at a great discount.

I saw people I know from all over CA, from the Bay area to San Diego. Lots of people were there, and plenty of goods adn livestock to keep them all happy.

A small fire in the wall added to the excitement of the day, once that was taken care of we all went back in the building like nothing happened.

The SCMAS did a great job and I'll be there again next year.