PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice on LPS's

JerseyReef
12/27/2000, 08:40 AM
I have this huge Physogyra sp. (Bubble Coral) that has boubled in skeletal size over the past year, so you can imagine that the expanded size of this animal is huge. It's destroying everything that's near it

I had heard of some early sucess of fragin' LPS's in the past, but haven't much about since. I would like to get some advice from the resisdent experts here on the board.
What worked what didn't, tips for sucess etc...

Thanks,
Mike
jerseyreef@home.com

JSM
12/27/2000, 12:11 PM
You can't really frag a bubble, they sometimes will send out buds, but you can't just cut it in half. I know someone who actually tried this, it split the mouth wide open and killed it. If it's getting too big maybe you can take it back to the LFS and trade it in for something else. I set up another tank because mine was getting too big for where it was. Or you could sell it to another reefer or trade them for something else.

Janna

Agu
12/29/2000, 10:01 AM
I believe Henry (HCS) has sucessfully propagated lps corals.It is possible, but it's not something that should be undertaken without detailed info.(and being fully aware that you may kill the coral)

Agu