PDA

View Full Version : 40 Gal. Tanks for $15 Bham/Tuscaloosa

edsiajb
10/03/2002, 06:28 PM
OK...here is a deal. I met a guy who bought all of the tanks when Indoor Oceans closed and now he is selling them. They are 48" long...12" tall...and 16" deep and they are drilled at the top. He only wants $15. each for them and has about two hundred! These are a great size for growing frags so I am going to set up two of them in my workshop. If you are interested please reply for more information.

Please don't post that you know where to get them for 50 cents less...I don't care...I am just trying to help!

LzySupplication
10/04/2002, 11:27 PM
BUMP

Thats a pretty good deal im suprised not one person has responded yet. If I wasnt looking for a 125-150 soon id get one in a heartbeat.

reeferaddict
10/05/2002, 01:50 AM
I would love one or two or maybe three:D :D
I think I saw that huge 400gl tank at a yard sale in T'town:p not too sure though

Please give me the nescesary info..I must go see this man with the two hundred $15 pre-drilled tanks ;)
any other sizes or equipment?

Thanks for the tip...

edsiajb
10/05/2002, 08:39 AM
The guy I met is like a "go between" and he is having difficulty contacting his partner with the tanks. If I understand it correctly, they both went in together and purchased them but the other guy has posession of the tanks (or at least he has the key to the storage place). I don't know about the other equipment though...I do know that the sold the 400 gal tank for $150...that is unbelievable! They also sold that tall corner tank (I think it was about 400 gal. also) for $150. The drilled 40 gal. tanks seem to me to be a bargain at $15.

kali77
10/05/2002, 09:05 AM
Will they ship these tanks? If so how much to maryland?

Thanks, Gene

edsiajb
10/05/2002, 09:40 AM
kali77,
Sorry...it is just "local pick up" in the Birmingham area.

kali77
10/05/2002, 09:44 AM
Thank you for the quick reply Edsiajb

reeferaddict
10/05/2002, 11:50 AM
I live roughly between Birmingham and T'town, and am willing to drive to whereever need be to get a few of these tanks.
Anything else available? Please keep us posted and thanks again:)

edsiajb
10/05/2002, 11:55 AM
Reeferaddict,
We live in Woodstock...how far away are you? The tanks were in storage in Tusc. but may have been moved back to the B'ham area. I am trying to get more info.
Jonathan

reeferaddict
10/06/2002, 10:39 AM
I live off exit 100 off of I-20/59, around a neighborhood called million dollar lakes, ever heard of it? I am somewhat familiar with woodstock, but I commute to tuscaloosa almost everyday. For a few $15 drilled 40gl tanks I'd be willing to drive where ever need be. Are they drilled twice at the top?
Do they have anything else left? Any different size tanks? stands or canopies? Do you know what happened to all of their livestock?
I went in a few days b/f they closed and got a good deal on a few button polyp rocks, GSP's and a feather duster, but the guy working there said that they weren't willing to sell everything for "less $$" because they still intended on doing the home tank maintanance side of the bussiness, and were begining to focus on wholesale rather than retail, I think the overhead of running a retail shop was just too much for them. Anyway
Please keep me posted:)

edsiajb
10/06/2002, 11:51 AM
Reeferaddict,
I am familiar with the million dollar lakes area...one of the guys at the meeting yesterday lives in that area...I belive his name is Robert (my downfall...I am terrible with names). We are 3 miles off of exit 97. Regarding the 40 gal tanks, I am not sure if they have one hole or two...have not seen them yet. Tien has seen them and I will try to find out. I don't know about other equipment...I think they have been selling it off for a while and are down to these tanks. I am not sure about the livestock either...the last time I went in there they had expanded the store but had a huge loss of life...just about everything was dead. There was a girl working there but I am not sure if she even knew who she was.
Will let you know when I get more info on the tanks.
Thanks,
Jonathan

edsiajb
10/06/2002, 12:00 PM
Reeferaddict,
Just talked with my contact...the tanks are drilled with two holes in the rear left corner. He did not know about the other equipment though...thought there may be some flourescent equip available but not MH.
Thanks,
Jonathan

edsiajb
10/06/2002, 04:58 PM
OK...finally got some of these tanks and now I can clear up the details. They are drilled on both top rear corners. The two tanks I received are VERY HEAVY DUTY. They were appear to be built by Oceanic (Carl was a big fan/customer of Oceanic). Anyway, I am impressed with the tanks heavy weight and quality...and the $15 price.

reeferaddict
10/07/2002, 06:12 PM
edsiajb-
Sounds like a good deal to me. I've still got a few questions though, did you pick out the tanks yourself, where did you have to go and last one; do they come with bulkheads or any type of fittings or just holes. Thanks again
and oh yeah, how would you like to go about this, can you PM me your contact's phone# or e-mail and maybe tell them I'll be conacting them or should I go through you somehow? Just please PM me either way I guess ;)
I came by aquarium designs on sat. but I was a little late for the meeting:rolleyes: sorry guys, but I had the wife and kid with me and well...we were running a bit behind schedule...:rolleyes:
thanks-
Nick

edsiajb
10/07/2002, 07:52 PM
Reeferaddict,
Sorry we missed you...I had my wife and three kids and we got there on time...haha (small miracle). Contact Tien for the 40 gal. tanks...he has the contact info. They were delivered to Aquarium Designs...one had no fittings in the tank and the other had some fittings siliconed in but they are not bulkheads...more like a reducer bushing. Hope to see ya'll at the next meeting.
Thanks,
Jonathan

Sue_OT
10/08/2002, 11:25 AM
How many are left? I would love a 2-3 of them.

edsiajb
10/08/2002, 02:04 PM
Sue,
There are plenty left (over 100). You can contact Tien Le at Aquarium Designs 205-444-9952...he knows how to contact Brian Richards regarding the tanks.
Thanks,
Jonathan