PDA

View Full Version : Leather coral

ryan_paskadi
08/08/2007, 02:47 PM
I got a leather coral from Jon at the last meeting. It is not doing so well. I sewed it on to rocks about 3 times and it will not attach. Now it is lying somewhere at the bottom of my tank. If it is not dead already I would like try and save it. Do you guys have any suggestions?

killingseed
08/08/2007, 03:01 PM
you can do a couple things depanding on size. place
1. the stock in a shell, shove it in good, hehehe.
2. you can place the the bottom of the stock on a rock and lean another rock over it to hold it in place you can even rubber band the rocks. but all most remain some what loose and not to tight.
3 push a tooth pick thougth "easyer put tooth pick over" the stock and not too low. rubber band the tooth pick down but not too tight.
4. small piece of PVC. it needs an opening to fix the stock in and tall enough so it doesnt fall over " you can hid the pvc in rock work.

can take up to 2 weeks to attack its self, place in a low flow area for a good couple days or more.

killingseed
08/08/2007, 03:07 PM
you can see the tooth pick method some what in this video by me and eddie

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n238/killingseed/th_Movie.jpg (http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n238/killingseed/?action=view&current=Movie.flv)

strayvoltage
08/08/2007, 03:09 PM
ryan, them things do not like super glue and you are not going to get it that way. The easiest way is stick it in an empty snail shell and leave it alone. You may have to use a small rock or something else to help wedge it in there, just don't make it so tight you cut the leather.

A couple other guy at that meeting got some of that pink monster also. How are they doing guys?

strayvoltage
08/08/2007, 03:12 PM
hey John that dang Lemnalia reacts different than most of the other leathers and the sort. I had no luck with the tooth pick thing or an of the other ways. The best way I found was like i just said

killingseed
08/08/2007, 03:19 PM
its great . stayvoltage, it was in a shell which is helpful but i cant seem to find a place for it, i have way too many zoa's and i am more concerned about them a little too much i guess. it attacked to a rock and i had to pull it move it. i just cant find a place where i am willing to let it attack and grow.

Salty Sam
08/08/2007, 04:47 PM
Ryan...make sure it has good water flow as well as high output lighting.

Also...as most Corals, they do best in a higher SG.....1.024-1.026.

ryan_paskadi
08/08/2007, 05:26 PM
Ok thanks guys....I wasnt able to slip it in a shell becuase it is a clipping at the base of 2 branches. I guess I will just cut them apart and try and slip them in a couple of shells.

strayvoltage
08/08/2007, 07:39 PM
ryan, you can eithe rcut it in two or you can still shove it in a shell the way it is. It will grow right to the shell and then spread.

ryan_paskadi
08/09/2007, 11:00 AM
Well I looked for it and it seems to be M.I.A.

killingseed
08/09/2007, 12:09 PM
if you would like you can get the other figure leather , its already in a shell and the most you have to do is lean it up a rock maybe place a rock over the shell to keep if from moving but i didnt so are some kenya tree frags

ryan_paskadi
08/09/2007, 02:51 PM
sure...awesome