PDA

View Full Version : october meeting

deucejimmo
10/02/2002, 08:09 PM
The october meeting is bieng held on the thursday the10th at pixellight again it should be an interesting one . I dont know what the meeting will be about yet but when I find out I will let you know.

jurisnipper
10/03/2002, 10:32 AM
One thing we will be doing is voting on a domain name to register for the club. If you want to do a domain name search and suggest one (or more) please do so. However, don't post them here, but e-mail them to me privately so I can add them to the ballot.

I'd like to present the best 3-5 options at the meeting with a "circle the one you prefer" style ballot.

See you all there.

Steve

jurisnipper
10/03/2002, 10:46 AM
Also, regarding the sand swap:

My tank has been set up since February. However, if I stir up the sand it looks dark under the surface. The dark coloration goes away (fades) within a few hours to a day. I thought it was due to carbon dust, but I am not so sure. Is this darker color just something that happens to normal DSB?

Why do I care? I'd hate to bring sand to the swap that is a little dark only to get brow beaten by someone....

Or does everyone just put the sand swap sand in a non-visible area of their tank.

Let me know.

Steve

kgross
10/03/2002, 03:12 PM
Domain name

Just wondering who will be paying to register the domain name? and in whos name will it be in?

incuboy
10/03/2002, 04:50 PM
I have something I would like to bring to the clubs attention as a meeting item, if you don't mind.

As a project, the tanks at Pioneer Title company on Milwaukee are rather poor looking and need some attention. Desiree (a friend of mine who is a VP over there) told me I have free reign to do as I please with them. I would like to propose that our group use this as a testing bed/fun project. I offer this to the team first and foremost before going with other options, if you wish to take advantage. Catherine Olds and I will be heading things up, and I'll hand the maintenence off to her once things are done.

Let me know what you think of this. The tanks are 1400 gallons a piece, so it would give us a pretty cool presence. Plus, I'm sure that, once things are seen by everyone that goes in there, our club will get a lot of attention (to say the least). I feel like this will be a great opportunity to grow our club and have a great project that everyone can get involved in. My end goal is to eventually have a public aquarium that is under the ownership/guidance of IMAS. I have backing on this from a number of sources, but this is the first step.

For details, email me at kdsinclair@micron.com.

heedicus
10/03/2002, 09:05 PM
wow what a great idea.
After I get home in dec. I am more than willing to help out with anything! Building cleaning ect. that would be a pleasure to tool around on a tank that big.

That said, when I do get home in december I would really like to be able to attend the club meetings and hopefully become more involved. My only problem is the meeting nights. Thurs are going to be impossible for me for the foreseeable future. Would there be any way perhaps we could do a every other months sort of thing with tuesdays or weds? So this month thurs next month tues ect ect? Would that help anyone else out? Anywho I am off, I will still be checking in on the board and all (the beauties of the internet being everwhere) but will be gone till dec.
Wish my tank luck while I am gone
t

jurisnipper
10/03/2002, 10:52 PM
Just wondering who will be paying to register the domain name?

I would presume the club. If not, I'll pony up the $11.00 needed via onestop.net. No biggie.

and in whos name will it be in?

The club's domain name will be owned by the club and in the club's name.

Steve

kgross
10/04/2002, 09:16 AM
Doesn't the club need to be some type of a legal entity to own the name?

Idaho Bob
10/04/2002, 09:53 AM
Incuboy: What kind of hardware do the tanks have? Are they going to give us any kind of budget for hardware upgrades and such?

Sounds like an interesting project.

jurisnipper
10/04/2002, 09:57 AM
I know of no legal authority saying that to own a domain name you must be incorporated. As far as I know, unincorporated organizations own domain names all the time.

If a domain name owner had to be incorporated, then any individual who owns a domain name has a problem...

If anyone knows of a web page that says otherwise, please let me know.

kgross
10/04/2002, 04:33 PM
I know you don't have to be incorporated, but can the club own the domain if is not a legal entity? Doesn't a legal entity need to own the name just like any other asset?

Idaho Bob
10/11/2002, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the presentation, Kelly. The food thing was very informative. I used to make a food mix like that for discus, but it had a lot of beef heart in it instead of fish. It was very interesting to see both Mark's and Anthony's tanks.

I'm going to look at the rotifers under a microscope tonight. Steve N. is talking about setting up a phytoplankton culture at our office, so we can both take home green water for our tanks. He said something about his wife not finding out. What's up with that, Steve?