PDA

View Full Version : Super Glue Frags ?????

Ekudl
10/01/2002, 08:16 PM
I am brand new to frags and I just purchased my first one today. It is a small Red Mushroom frag and the damn thing shriveled up to a little ball. How should I attach it to a rock? I have read about people super glueing thier frags. How is that done? What type of glue would one use? Right now I have it pinned between two rocks. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

logical
10/01/2002, 08:41 PM
IF there is anything already attached to bottom of shroom (sand, rubble), simply place a drop super glue gel on a dabbed dry piece of rock and gently press shroom bottom onto it. PLace under water and it will set.

If frag is naked underneath, set it in a low flow area in a little rubble pile until it grips onto something on its own. I personally keep a little pile of scrap rock in a low flow area just for tossing loose shrooms and polyps into until they attach.

The more you look at them, the longer they take to attach :)

HTH, Bryan

Ekudl
10/01/2002, 08:49 PM
Thanks logical. How long does it take usually for the shroom to attach to something before it dies?

logical
10/01/2002, 09:30 PM
Well, it really shouldn't die...sometimes if you cut frag them they will slime out and die. If you have a whole shroom, you shouldn't have any trouble. Some attach within 48hrs, some take what seems an eternity :) I have had really good luck using wedding veil material over them, not too tightly, but not so loose they can move around.

Good luck, and welcome to the wonderful world of propagation :)

Peace, Bryan