PDA

View Full Version : August BBQ information. Everyone welcome!

specsirl
08/04/2007, 01:56 AM
Hello All-

Here is the information for the August NWRS meeting and BBQ. We will be holding this on August 25th instead of the Wednesday meeting at the coral farm. The plan is to have a BBQ/relaxation day with a DIY. We will be having a demonstration on frag tank building. If anyone would like to DIY their own, please let me know the size that you are thinking of and I can get you a price on glass.

Food will be a BBQ and I'll supply the meat. Everyone is asked to bring a dish to pass and the beverage of your choice. A campfire is planned for later so plan on staying as long as you wish.

There are a few requests from Chuck and Lynn who have graciously offered the use of their house for this:
Just a few simple requests from Chuck and Lynn: This is just a heads up so you know what to expect and can plan ahead.
We have an old farm house with an old septic. In order to avoid overloading it we ask that you use the outdoor bathroom, there are lots of go behinds around here. If you have a problem with that we can make an exception for you. Poo poo is always an exception.
We don’t have a lot of lawn chairs so you probably want to bring yours to make sure you have one.
Wildlife abounds, including the blood sucking kind. You may want to bring the OFF.
Please watch your children, we have to agree with Jody’s theory on that subject, "We love kids, but we can’t eat a whole one by ourselves". Just kidding, after I’m done holding all the babies I want to give them back and have fun. I love being a grandma, but I do tend to worry about kids. Our property abuts paper co. land. There are several thousand acres around us and it would require a search party if anyone get’s lost. The part of the field that isn’t mowed is full of cockle burs, prickers’ and brambles so that should slow them down.
We have 3 small dogs that stay in the fenced in yard. They have never bitten anyone and will come to you when they are ready. Two of them are quite friendly but the other one takes awhile, give them time. Kids make them nervous sooo, they can’t play with the dogs, sorry. Other dogs are also a problem, so please, please, please don’t bring your dogs.
We have plenty of room to pitch a tent so if anyone would like to camp out for the night you are more than welcome. If you plan on getting drunk please plan on staying, I worry about drunk people driving home too.
So there you have it. Participate at your own risk, and have a great time.
Chuck and Lynn

The address is 1625 Hwy C Rhinelander, WI please feel free to mapquest your directions. If you happen to get lost their phone number is 715-369-7627.

Please let me know by August 18 if you are planning on attending so I know how much meat to purchase. I will post with those attending as I get them on the website. Also please let me know if you plan on tenting it so I can assure that there is enough room for you.

If you have any questions you can contact me at 715-966-2779 or drop me an email at shjnsn@yahoo.com.

I look forward to seeing everyone there!

Until then Happy Reefing!
Shannon

specsirl
08/21/2007, 08:38 PM
We will be starting around 1pm with the dinner around 4pm or so. I hope to see everyone there!