PDA

View Full Version : help please - anemone

ladyfsu
07/29/2007, 12:31 PM
Hey all, There is a man in California that, for no other reason than to be kind, donated several sets of lights to my classes. He even paid for shipping. There is no way I could ever re-pay him.

Can you help me help him? He is looking for red, blue, purple, pink and yellow haddoni carpet anemones. I'm not even sure I know what those are, but I"m hoping someone can hook me up with an individual or store that is selling them.

Thanks, Laine

stevemc
07/29/2007, 01:05 PM
Those are the big short tentacled ones called green carpet anemone or blue or whatever color. Fairly common in the stores. Sometimes Giant green carpet anemone. They are usually green, sometimes bright green, usually greyish green. They get fairly large, I think over 12 inches wide. They might be hard to ship, but if you did it Delta dash they would be in Cali in 5-6 hours. I have seen them in most stores. Try FAOIS, John should have some. When you do get one, have them give/sell you a styro and triple bag it. Maybe you could get a cold pack too. Maybe for a few more bucks they will make it shipping ready, and buy it after you have set it all up w/ air frieght-and set up with receiver so he will be home, that way you just buy it, take it to air frieght, and 5 hours later he has it. Steve.