PDA

View Full Version : Zoa's Wow

strayvoltage
07/26/2007, 08:00 PM
I picked up some of the coolest zoa's at The Coral Reef yesterday.

There are two colors on the rock, maybe 45 or 50 of each. Not a big rock but hads very good full coverage.

One color is a really kind of pinkish mouth with a really nice green center and a purpleish brown skirt. They really look cool under my actinics in my AP12. My actinics are half 420 and half 460 nm.

Now the other ones on the rock will knock your socks off. Under my 150W 20,000k MH light, they look kind of like a cream color to me. But when they are under the actinics only look out.
They are a color very much like orange sherbet. I was really surprised when I turned on the actinics and seen the color really pop out at me.

If anybody wants to get some, Sam still had another nice sized rock of them. For any of you that want them really cool knock your socks off zao's, then you will love these.

A note to Sam
Hey you really need some new actinics on that coral tank. I am really serious when I say how nice these things are in my tank.

Oh no now I went and done it. Now we all gonna have to pay more for our corals when Sam gets new bulbs. LOL ( only kidding)

I wont be fraging these for some time so if anybody wants some you better hurry to The Coral Reef and get yours. I am not saying I wont frag them, But it will be some time and when I do my first frags from my colonies always go in my in laws 75 gal reef, then I will let them grow out again and have some frags for sale or trade.

killingseed
07/26/2007, 08:06 PM
pics help!

strayvoltage
07/26/2007, 08:34 PM
yeah pics help , and i forgot to say I would post some up ASAP.

Need to take some and haven't used the new cam for any yet.
Will try to bring the one I took the ones home from work tomorrow and have some up soon.

killingseed I know how crazy you are ov er zoas. You would love these things

reeftexas
07/26/2007, 10:00 PM
strayvoltage-I know which ones you got.I was looking at them myself.I just missed you at the store,Sam said that you had just left.Nice choice on the zoas.I agree with you on Sams light in his coral tank.Those things would POP with a new set of lights.Easy to say because we are not buying them.Ha Ha Later John

zed915
07/26/2007, 11:45 PM
pics! Just kidding strayvoltage, im the same way...

strayvoltage
07/27/2007, 01:50 AM
reeftexas, if Sam wouldn't run me out of the store all the time like he does then I would have still been there. LOL.

I do think we have met there at the store before.
It would have been nice to have talked again, but maybe next time. I just don't get there as often as I was when I was stocking my 125. It is pretty much full up now, but I am working on a AP 12gal. I am trying to take it slower this time because I know when it is full and all done I will just start another tank.

Sam still has the other rock with the same zoas, its just bigger.
Had I been buying for the 125 I would have gotten it.

Ok Ok zed I will do pics ASAP

I do think SAm is going to replace the light on that tank, so maybe he is waiting to just do the new light and not replace bulbs right now.

Like I said there go the good coral prices once he sees the corals like we see them after we get them home. LOL

Salty Sam
07/27/2007, 01:34 PM
strayvoltage.....you owe me some back money for all the good finds...I better get some eye glasses cause I never saw more than one Ricordia on that rock. And your right, my bulbs are shot.

strayvoltage
07/27/2007, 08:40 PM
Sam, back money what's that? You just keep them bulbs and I will keep buying from you, then we will both be happy. I just have to take my chances and see what they look like when I get them home. If they look good enough in your tank for me to buy then I must already like them and if they look even better when I get them home that's even better. LOL