PDA

View Full Version : Who here has an RK2?

badfish
07/20/2007, 12:25 AM
I want to data log my RK2 stats on my computer with out running wires. Like this:http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1162547
My problem is that i dont under stand this stuff. Does any one in the valley have there RK2 setup like this or at least understand how to do it? I am sure i could hard wire every thing but i dont know how to set up an application for it on my PC.

grenaria
07/20/2007, 03:15 AM
Wow, I have never read any of those threads before, but that is just a lot of work to get a read only connection to your controller. I was able to get my AC3 working over wifi for $35, with a bridging access point that had a single ethernet jack. You could do the same thing I did with the RK2 if you used a gumstick computer, but it would run about $250. The software you are looking for looks like it already exists, but it would be pretty easy to have something specific written if you have any programming experience.

storagedaddie
07/20/2007, 10:04 AM
Tagging along... Ready to do the same. The hardware to do so is a little pricey though. I have a spare computer that I could throw a wireless card in and probably make work.

I'm about to attempt the re-wiring of a splitter. If I can make it happen I'll be glad to one for you as well.

Robert