PDA

View Full Version : WTB Auto-Top-Off

JeffKirk
07/19/2007, 10:21 PM
Looking for someone who has an ATO they are willing to part with.
I doubt that I'll find a used one so if anyone has done a DIY, ATO I'd love to hear where you got your parts from (here local).

Also my holding tank will be aprox 20' from the R/O DI and another 15' from the sump. Does anyone see any problems w/ this.

My sump is horably small and I came home today to find my display full of air bubbles & the pump sucking air :eek2:. Seems it was a little low & the skimmer went crazy pulling the sump down way too low.

I have an R/O Sys., 30g holding tank & float/shut off for the R/O DI Sys. I'm wating to save a little more $$ to get the DI kit to make my own water.

Thanks very much.
Jeff

sir_dudeguy
07/20/2007, 12:46 AM
check out the ATO's on aquahub.com...they're like diy ones for around 40 or so...

pillions
08/03/2007, 01:19 AM
I bought a setup from autotopoff.com. Sump mount, dual float valves, low-voltage upgrade, snail guard, and latching upgrade, solenoid. one float valve is mounted above the other. When the water reaches the bottom the solenoid opens until the top float valve is closed. The low-voltage upgrade means you don't have 110v AC switched in your sump. Let me know if you want to buy mine - I'm parting out my tank after a pump failure led to complete fall out. Time to start fresh.

JeffKirk
08/03/2007, 08:00 AM
Sorry pillions. I went w/ aquahub, really well thought-out kit.