PDA

View Full Version : July meeting notes!

specsirl
07/19/2007, 01:07 PM
Hello all-

It was great to see everyone at our July meeting. I would also like to congratulate and welcome the new members who joined us!

Thank you once again to the DFS staff for everything. It is always much appreciated for all of your work that goes into us holding the meetings at the coral farm.

John did an excellent job on his presentation on the five things that will make or break your tank. It was well received by all. Thanks again for the great job!

It was also decided to have a potluck style dinner at the meetings instead of having DFS provide the meals for us. So from now on..plan on bringing a small (as there were tons of leftovers last time) dish to pass.

I brought up the idea of having a weekend BBQ/diy workshop in August. What does everyone think? I was thinking of holding it the weekend of Aug 24-26th. Having a BBQ and some sort of diy project. Does anyone have any ideas that they would like to do?

Also does anyone have any ideas how to increase the traffic on the website?

After the presentation we were lucky enough to have access to the coral farm again and saw some awesome Aussie specimens that had arrived. They were jaw dropping to say the least!

For those of you who get FAMA magazine...or for those of you interested, there's a great article in this current issue that quotes our one and only Kevin Kohen! It's in news stands now and definitely worth picking up.

A special THANK YOU goes out to San Francisco Bay Brand products and their donation to the club. All items were raffled off at the meeting and I will be sending them out a thank you card.

Until next time!
Happy Reefing!