PDA

View Full Version : new saltwater store in flag!

dmilne85
07/17/2007, 10:33 PM
hey everyone just thought i would pass on the news that petland now has a saltwater section, nothing special -no corals, small but nice selection of healthy looking fish, some live rock. i was just really suprised to see saltwater at petland, and now there is another option besides the aquarium store which is nice.

Salamander
07/18/2007, 06:49 PM
They told me when they first opened that they would eventually get saltwater. How are their prices on livestock? I know their prices were pretty outragous on dry goods when I checked there before. Thay had maxi jet powerheads for $45 when they are only $11-$14 online. I'm sure they'd be cheaper at Nick's but he doesn't carry maxi's.

dmilne85
07/18/2007, 07:09 PM
ehhh its not the best prices, however i did notice that they had a nice clown trigger for 140 (still expensive) where as live aquaria they were selling for 200 + shipping. it seemed some fish prices were resonable where as other types of fish were way expensive... such as anthias for $70 each, which i think is crazy.

Doglover_50
07/18/2007, 08:15 PM
good to know! However, I'd still rather do a group order with you guys and get things from liveaq. that are usually good quality and have the 2 week warranty.

ZOAKEEPER
07/24/2007, 10:45 PM
I used to live by a petland and became pretty familiar with the Saltwater sals people there. Ask them what day and time there shipment comes in and you can usually get pretty good dibs on various stuff. That guy could order me stuff (fish,corals) and generally gave me a great price but I had to be there to pick it up so he would'nt put it in his tanks. Can be interesting, keep an eye open. for dry goods I still use Premium Aquatics,just get good service I guess. Keep Warm guys (and gals) falls coming!:)

Doglover_50
07/25/2007, 03:20 PM
Dave, did they have shrimp?

dmilne85
07/25/2007, 07:20 PM
i dont remember seeing shrimp... i walked in the other day again since i was in the area and i paid more attention to the prices... and they are outrages to say the least. ive never seen yellow tangs(standard size) go for $80-90 and damsels go for $30 anywhere... everything looks nice and healthy but i was just shocked to see those $$$$

Salamander
07/25/2007, 10:43 PM
Ya know I did meet the owners before the store opened and they were very cool people. Real down to earth. That difinitely influences where I'll shop and how much I'll be willing to spend (to a point).

I hope they progress some more and get a few tanks for corals.

Doglover_50
07/26/2007, 12:58 AM
i need new cleaner shrimp after my urchin somehow ate my live cleaner shrimp (on frag). Perhaps time for a group order?

dmilne85
07/26/2007, 04:04 PM
id be down for a group order, just let me know when your ready.

Salamander
07/26/2007, 11:26 PM
Let us know when you want to do it.

Doglover_50
07/27/2007, 04:19 AM
I'll try to post to the listserv tomorrow, and start planning.

Mark==when you get me the name of the nitrates product, perhaps we could check interest in a group order for dry goods, if you need anything.