PDA

View Full Version : Skimmer - Nice!

Szwalla
07/17/2007, 12:59 PM
I just had a moment with my skimmer. The moment ended as soon as I took a whiff. Going from the SeaClone to ASM...what a difference.

nwrogers
07/17/2007, 03:10 PM
Oh yeah! One of the best things you could have ever done for your tank. Welcome to the ASM club :thumbsup:

Szwalla
07/17/2007, 03:33 PM
I was amazed at how fast it worked. It was just nasty. Some splashed on my hand and I had to scrub it off.

drbronx
07/17/2007, 04:59 PM
Congrats! Great skimmer given its price as compared to Euro-reefs, deltecs etc. Which one did you go with? Any mods?

Szwalla
07/17/2007, 05:11 PM
I have the G2. I dont have any mods. It might be worth looking into.
I saw this on another thread on the Upstate Reef page:

"My 4x used to require cleaning every month or so. I put it on a timer so it goes off once a day for about 20minutes(the shortest period the timer will accomodate). When it's off water backwashes the venturi like opening and clears out any salt creep which will accumulate from salty mist via the air hose. Trouble free for 4 months."

That sounds neat.

nwrogers
07/17/2007, 08:11 PM
I have had the ASM with and without mods and I have to say. For all of the trouble it was to do all of the mods I haven’t noticed a huge improvement in skimmate production. There are benefits to both but if you are happy with the skimmate you are getting now then don’t worry about doing the mods. That is just my take on it…