PDA

View Full Version : meeting

killingseed
07/15/2007, 10:23 PM
well i would liek to thank all the people that showed up!

we talked about some of the paper work need to in order to be an offical group. i will be sharing this info and paper work for all to see. not sure i want to post the info or share it though emails. too many eyes here. so stay tuned for that and make sure that you put your 2 cents in.

we talk about our next project. we will be frag some coral by the sounds of it. as i get more details i will post. zoa's and maybe sps for though that want can put in on both or take part in one.

i played another movie during are chat "Planet Earth", good movie i love seeing the great whites jump out the water for food.

"edited comments out"

killingseed
07/15/2007, 10:41 PM
oh, strayvoltage those are some nice orange zoa's thanks. they are in good hands. not fully open maybe by moring but i think they are whats called "bam bam orange"

chuy in a couple month get me a pick of the neon green leather let see how big it gets in a couple months.

i hope all enjoyed the flic and the chats great meeting new faces at each meeting.

strayvoltage
07/16/2007, 12:58 AM
killingseed, glad you like them. the greens I got from you are really bright, they haven't opened all the way yet either but will. I don't think the blues were the blues lol. kind of a slate grey, still nice though. It was nice to finally meet some of the ppl that post here. Seemed like everybody had a good time, I hope everybody learned something new.

I will work more on making some frags for trade and or sale for next meeting. This time it was kind of last minute and I didn't have the time to attach any of them. I have a colony of about 200 of them orange zoas you got. I also have two or three other different oranges. Hey try to keep us posted on how that sinularia does. That was my baby, six monts ago it was about the size of your little finger. Maybe by the time of the next meeting I will have enough of the red eyed zoas that I will cut some off and bring them. I only have about 90 right now and they are a kind of new colony in my tank, I dont want to disturb them just yet till they begin to spread pretty good.

It was a pleasure to have met all the people at the meeting. I look forward to the next meeting and can only hope I get to make it.

strayvoltage
07/16/2007, 01:10 AM
zed915, you are most welcome. It wasn't just me. I came away with three nice zoa frags I didnt have, thanks to you and John.

I am happy to trade and share when I have the extras to do so.

Posted this here in reply to your post in next meeting thread.

killingseed
07/16/2007, 11:48 AM
strayvoltage: i guess it depands on the light they are under, in my tank they are much more blue. under my 175w mh even more blue. but the 3 frags you got came from one rock.
this is the picture from extremecorals web site before i got them.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n238/killingseed/zoo_1-26-71-3.jpg

zed915
07/16/2007, 07:18 PM
Thanks Strayvoltage - John, I'm really interested in those organes. Let me know, I have some blue berry and alien eyes still...

strayvoltage
07/16/2007, 10:30 PM
John you are right, the light does make all the difference. That is a nice rock full of a lot of them.

Eddie, when you mentioned the oranges did you mean me or the other John?

Ok to make this easier, how about call me John F?
Or screen name.

killingseed
07/16/2007, 11:09 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10354355#post10354355 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by strayvoltage

screen name.

zed915
07/17/2007, 10:15 AM
Strayvoltage... In addition, I need to replace some light bulbs, what should I look for?

killingseed
07/17/2007, 10:49 AM
ones that work

strayvoltage
07/17/2007, 02:05 PM
zed , I think when it comes to bulbs it all depends on what you want the bulb to do for or to the coral. Do you want a lot of growth? Do you want more of a white or more of a blue look?

I do know for sure that if you want fast growth rates, go with some 6500 or 6700K light. But if you can do that and also have your actinics then that is good both wats. I had to go higher on the spectrum to slow growth down. My tank was being taken over

zed915
07/19/2007, 09:18 PM
All:

I apologize for the late posting.... Nonetheless here are some pics from the meeting.

John (killingseed) - Informing the club

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa205/zed915/P7150270.jpg

John (strayvoltage) and Chuy (chuy marquez) along with Las Cruces representing.

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa205/zed915/P7150269.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa205/zed915/P7150268.jpg