PDA

View Full Version : Selling most of my stuff

relaxednature
07/15/2007, 11:35 AM
well I have been fighting hair algea for like 2 months and now its gotten to the point were my tank is about covered..

as I try to rid it my corals are looking like they arent happy, I want to Sell most of them off before something bad happens and they die or something.

There's 2 real nice large hammer corals and also a nice bubble coral, a few nice leathers etc. some of the live rock a few of them come on might have hair algea on them.. just looking to get some of the money I put into them back out, not going to put a price just make me a reasonable offer and its they're yours.

http://members.cox.net/relaxednature/reef/sell.jpg

I circled the main one's, but there's a lot of that brown pofy leather and a nice white one that looks cool when its open and happy.

Warmart
07/15/2007, 02:04 PM
Maybe you should take a look at this method of hair algae removal. (http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1113109)

Would hate to see you give in to it. Plus all the normal questions come to mind - like your water parameters and the type of water you use (RO/DI hopefully), your feeding habits, do you have a fuge (would out compete your hair algae ideally), etc.

Kentanner11
07/15/2007, 02:08 PM
it could be your phosphates are out of whack.

EvilE
07/15/2007, 03:00 PM
If you sell, I would like a hammer coral

storagedaddie
07/15/2007, 03:14 PM
I would also take one of the hammers off your hands... Thanks

24gnanonewbie
07/15/2007, 06:45 PM
I would be interested in a hammer to... Let me know.

rljlll
07/15/2007, 06:49 PM
i have some emerald crab that have done great you should try a few.

Alto
07/15/2007, 07:46 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10344814#post10344814 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Warmart
Maybe you should take a look at this method of hair algae removal. (http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1113109)

Would hate to see you give in to it. Plus all the normal questions come to mind - like your water parameters and the type of water you use (RO/DI hopefully), your feeding habits, do you have a fuge (would out compete your hair algae ideally), etc.

Thanks for that link

JMCAquarium
07/15/2007, 10:19 PM
You got any Mushrooms ???

relaxednature
07/17/2007, 08:01 PM
I have a lot of mushrooms, and your more than welcome to any of them..

I also had a couple PMs for the hammers, but no one responded to the PMs back, I asked at least $20 for each but im really so sick of dealing with this right now I will practictly give them to you..

I live in gilbert, and would like to get rid of now.

Westy82
07/17/2007, 10:26 PM
so what corals are still available? hard to see whats what in the picture

Tangman1218
07/17/2007, 10:43 PM
PM sent

shaunj
07/17/2007, 11:33 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10344814#post10344814 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Warmart

Also, i would like to thank you for the link. I ordered Mag tonight... This is cool, because i hopped on tonight just to post a thread on if anyone has found the cure for hair algae, but i strolled through the threads on the first page as i always do, and <BAM> here was a link for it! THX AGAIN!

Warmart
07/18/2007, 12:20 AM
Glad to hear it was of use to you! Please let us know how it turns out for you.

I just wish the thread starter would give it a shot! Too much fun to be had to give in without a fight, but none of my business :)

relaxednature
07/18/2007, 05:29 AM
I actually have tried this. but thank you Warmart. Overall I have liked having the tank, but have learned so much and would want to do it different now that I know more. that and my girlfriend and I travel a lot, so everytime I go on vacation for a week or 2 I come back to some issue that my fish sitters didn't know how to deal with, etc.. I will more than likely revist this hobby when Im more settled down/ have kids or something.. But for right now I find it to be stressful, which I don't think it should be.

Warmart
07/18/2007, 08:57 PM
Totally understand. I've only been doing sw for 7 months and have redone things many times - it's a disease for sure.

I just turned 40 and am settled in/down somewhat, even though I can act like I'm 18 hehe -- but I can see where you're coming from.

I hope you do revisit it someday soon.

relaxednature
07/18/2007, 09:04 PM
Thanks Warmart, My Girlfried and I are still trying to make a decision on if maybe we will keep fish until a later time..

Thanks everyone that came by and got stuff today, there just a few things left.

The Bubble coral, a red sponge branch thats pretty cool looking.

some leathers a lot of the big puffy brown leather.

mmm I think a big colony of galaxia. (sp)

I will try and take some pictures later when they open back up, right there pretty upset with todays disturbance.

Fliger
07/19/2007, 02:39 AM
Good luck RN. If you start back up again let me know. I think this hobby is a bi@atch if you actually have a life and like to travel, have fun, etc. Its good tho when you have kids, are more tied to being indoors. And even then it can be a PITA. :)

As soon as it cools down I'll take the kid over to the TKD Studio.