PDA

View Full Version : Looking for one really good rock

Azazael13
07/14/2007, 10:30 AM
I am looking for one really coraline encrusted rock. Not huge, maybe about the size of your fist. None of my rocks really have coraline on them and the best way to get the growth is to seed with an existing rock right?

Dog boy Dave
07/14/2007, 08:44 PM
Shouldn't be hard to get a rock. You could have one of mine but you would risk briopsys and it isn't worth it.
But, If you have any coraline at all and it doesn't grow then I would look at Ca levels or light.
Dave

Azazael13
07/14/2007, 09:44 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10341731#post10341731 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Dog boy Dave
Shouldn't be hard to get a rock. You could have one of mine but you would risk briopsys and it isn't worth it.
But, If you have any coraline at all and it doesn't grow then I would look at Ca levels or light.
Dave

Wow I figured you would have kicked that Briopsys by now :(

Lighting should be sufficient, CA levels are a little low, but the doser I am working on should fix that.

bad37coupe
07/20/2007, 07:41 PM
If you Ca level is fine like Dave suggested and light is right you can try a product called Purple Up. I used 2 bottles(Small size) and saw extremely great results. It does raise your Ca levels so be sure to follow directions....Good luck!

atf72
07/21/2007, 11:18 AM
Go to Scott's and scrape a bit of coralline from his 125; take it home; put it in the blender; dump it into your tank.

This will get things going....