PDA

View Full Version : fighting fish

random_ryan
07/11/2007, 12:21 AM
so I buy a new fish put him in the tank. then of corse be couse he's the new fish on the block everyone has to pick on him. any way he's a memic blenny. first the anthia starts a huge fight with the memic blenny they locked jaws and the menic blenny twists as fast as a snake on his prey. they break up thier own fight. then the clown tang decides he's gonna pick on he memic blenny. that didn't work out so well. well it all settled down and the memic made is abode in a nice wholey rock. well my female clown wasn't having it becouse just as he decided to take a swim she came up from behind him and grabbed him by the tail and drug him back in the rock work. so here I am tring to break up a fight. well everything settled down and everyone is getting along. I have no clue why everyone flipped out with a new tank member. gezzzz now the memic and the anthia are good friends they are swiming around with each other and the tang he has been leaving the memic alone and the clowns just don't want anyone in thier spot. and he has learned that. I am still puzzled why everyone in my tank flipped out on him. would anyone know?

CalvinC4S
07/11/2007, 02:28 AM
I feel that is pretty common in the first 10 hours or so. The fish just want to defend there territory.

My fish will fight over food and sleeping area. As long as they are fed and have plenty of rock work, they are pals.