PDA

View Full Version : Air line on Skimmer question

deputybubba
07/09/2007, 04:44 AM
I have a octopus 2000 recir. skimmer and have noticed twice now that when I turn it off the air line tube fills with water.
When the skimmer gets restarted the water doesn't move, I have to blow into the line to get bubbles going again.
Is there something I'm missing ?
Is this normal ?
Thanks

random_ryan
07/09/2007, 04:57 AM
is your air line off to the side or sitting right on top? if I don't put my air line off to the side I have that same issue on my G2's. that's just my experience.

deputybubba
07/09/2007, 10:30 PM
Off to the side of the skimmer ? it runs up from where it connects to the elbow to a holder near the skimmer collection cup. It sits about 6 inches out of the water, I can see that it would fill with water but I would expect the pump to draw that back out when it comes back on.
Would a check valve work ??

random_ryan
07/09/2007, 11:25 PM
check to see if something is obsructing the lines and the PVC

deputybubba
07/09/2007, 11:46 PM
Doesn't seem obstructed since when it's running it works fine, just when I turn it off it fills with water... do you think taking apart the PVC joint will show something in there ??
Thanks for the replies.

random_ryan
07/10/2007, 12:01 AM
It could of. I had a life reef skimmer that that did the same thing after months of playing with it I ended up breaking it. having it repaired and then a buddy asked me what I was doing with it. I told him to take it. he took and found something abstructing it. now the freeking thing works like it was new again. man that still fustrates me. grrrrrr. well any way to make a long story short. it was something that simple.

deputybubba
07/10/2007, 12:07 AM
hhuummm OK thanks Ryan I'll try looking at it...

random_ryan
07/10/2007, 12:55 AM
no problem