PDA

View Full Version : O/T More than meets the eye

jpslickorocks
07/08/2007, 03:35 PM
Transformers was absolutely awesome!! My only complaint is that they made Jazz a Pontiac Solstice. He was a Porsche 911 Turbo originally. GMC paid a lot of money for the movie so I will let it slide I guess;) :D . :thumbsup: :thumbsup: from this critic

slowradio
07/08/2007, 03:43 PM
i've heard people say some pretty crazy things about that show..."best action flick ever"..."better than what you may remember from the cartoons"..."actually worth what they're charging for admission".

i can't wait to see it.

paljets
07/08/2007, 03:45 PM
I loved it.. Will be seeing it again tomorrow nite :)

--paul

Kentanner11
07/08/2007, 03:46 PM
Yea Ive heard Great Reviews from my personal critic to quote "AWESOME"

slowradio
07/08/2007, 04:33 PM
come to think of it, i haven't heard a single bad thing about this movie (except for the whole pontiac-for-porsche thing, lol).

buffalobunch
07/08/2007, 05:48 PM
I loved it!! We took the kids to see it yesterday. I would actually go and see it again.

rljlll
07/08/2007, 06:20 PM
i saw it twice opening night and the second night too. Its the best movie of the year so far i've seen.

Philwd
07/08/2007, 07:32 PM
We loved it. Of course my 8 yr old son was beside himself but the wife couldn't stop talking about it either. $152M the first week.!!

EvilE
07/08/2007, 07:36 PM
I am gonna see it very soon--grew up with Transformers--wish I had held on to them all! I have not heard a single bad thing about the movie either--only great things!!!

Kentanner11
07/08/2007, 07:57 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10298671#post10298671 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by EvilE
I am gonna see it very soon--grew up with Transformers--wish I had held on to them all!

pssh, if you held on to them all you could buy any reef setup you wanted, well forget that why not buy your own island complete with coral reef!

EvilE
07/08/2007, 08:01 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10298806#post10298806 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Kentanner11
pssh, if you held on to them all you could buy any reef setup you wanted, well forget that why not buy your own island complete with coral reef! no kidding!!! I think I had almost all of them too!!! I gave all of my Gi Joes, StarsWars, and Transformers away when I moved out of my folks house (a million years ago):( :rolleye1:

Fliger
07/08/2007, 08:22 PM
I loved it also! My wife is out of town so I took my 5 year old. She will kill me when she gets home. :lol: I used to LOVE the animation. Nerd, I know. It was a great cartoon though - one of my all-time favorites.

*dork alert*

"Autobots stage their battle to destroy the evil forces of ... the Decepticons! Transformers ... more than meets the eye ... Transformers ... robots in disguise!"

The Dubya/Twinkie thing was pretty funny.

buffalobunch
07/08/2007, 09:34 PM
Ding dongs Fliger!!

Fliger
07/09/2007, 12:36 PM
LOL, you're right. Dubya like Ding Dongs.

I have an AMC annual pass for two, I have a feeling we're going to be seeing it a few more times this year. I'm Optimus Prime and Miguel is Bumblebee. :)

corivus
07/09/2007, 02:09 PM
I was actually surprised how good it was, I was expecting to go and just start at giant robots transforming from cars and giant explosions, instead I saw something a lot better. It was great and I'll be getting the dvd when it comes out

sir_dudeguy
07/10/2007, 01:25 PM
i went to see it at the AMC grand on stapley and the power was out there, so we ran over to the new Cinemark over by the bass pro shop. I have to say that i thought i was walking into a nerd fest when i was in line :lol: I mean ya i liked the show and everything, but wow. Great movie though! I still say that Shia Lebouf (cant spell his name, ya ya) dude is a lucky punk...2 hot chicks in his last 2 movies...

loosbrew
07/10/2007, 02:43 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10297669#post10297669 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by slowradio
come to think of it, i haven't heard a single bad thing about this movie (except for the whole pontiac-for-porsche thing, lol).

ok, ill throw in my two cents again...

I thought it was one of the worst movies so far. Much too long. No one should have to wait 2.5 hours for a 20 min fight scene at the end. The human "sub-plots" were very annoying along with the childish 8th grade humor. I felt like i was watching transformers meets [enter teenage spoof movie here]. They actually tried to pass that boy and his stripper looking girlfriend for juniors in high school. My girlfriend left half way through it. That and I cannot stand advertising movies anymore. The whole movie was just one big Cisco, HP, GM etc commercial. I guess the teasers were just that, a tease...

luis

edited to add a relevant critic's statement..

As played by Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox, Sam and Mikaela look as much like 11th-graders as I do, but the film has bigger problems, like keeping everyone interested while the toys are off the screen. Any film whose most resonant line of dialogue is uttered by the robot who says "It's you and me, Megatron" has no business being two hours, 23 minutes long. No matter how good the toys are.

crrichey
07/10/2007, 05:32 PM
loosbrew aside it was the best movie of the summer (with Die Hard comming in a very close second). So we have 13 yays and 1 nay. In any language that is a win :D

badfish
07/10/2007, 06:33 PM
I liked it. I was entertained and excited through out the whole movie. And I am not a fan of those types of movies. It was the first time since Pirates of the Caribbean 2 that I have been to a theater. Now that movie was way to long and sucked.

trae
07/10/2007, 06:49 PM
Great movie, it reminded me of watching the original Godzilla. No one wants to see the actors. It was more than i expected. Part Deux with the special ops and more bots?

jpslickorocks
07/10/2007, 07:10 PM
And it figures that he is from another state piping up to a thread I put up for my local friends here. If I wanted an outsider opinion I would have posted in reef discussion.

badfish
07/10/2007, 07:43 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10313842#post10313842 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jpslickorocks
And it figures that he is from another state piping up to a thread I put up for my local friends here. If I wanted an outsider opinion I would have posted in reef discussion.

Ha Ha!

loosbrew
07/11/2007, 07:57 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10313842#post10313842 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jpslickorocks

now that was rude...

sometimes folks just click the provided "Get New" button and I didn't even think to see which subforum this was in. I guess difference of opinion isn't accepted amongst your group of friends? Last I recall, these are public forums...

luis

sir_dudeguy
07/11/2007, 08:11 AM
ever think that it MIGHT have been a joke?? :)

loosbrew
07/11/2007, 08:14 AM
yeah, it's early yet and maybe it didn't come across that way...

where's my coffee!? :P

jpslickorocks
07/11/2007, 08:16 AM
true Mike it was a joke. I guess they don't have a sense of humor on the East coast.

That was a joke too...

trae
07/11/2007, 11:51 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10316917#post10316917 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jpslickorocks
true Mike it was a joke. I guess they don't have a sense of humor on the East coast.

I was flying through the new posts and did not see it was a club. Just liked the movie and wanted to comment sorry, never had a response like that before wether it was a joke or not. ;)

That was a joke too... ;)

trae
07/11/2007, 11:58 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10316917#post10316917 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jpslickorocks

I was flying through the new posts and did not see it was a club. Just liked the movie and wanted to comment sorry, never had a response like that before wether it was a joke or not. ;)

That was a joke too... ;)

Fliger
07/11/2007, 12:12 PM
To a point I agree with loosbrew. I really, really enjoyed the action - but the writing and acting wasn't exactly top notch. Its what will limit Transformers to just a good popcorn, action flick. Its really rare that movies put great action, production AND acting together. And the Product Placement was truly annoying (thats my profession, so its hard for me to get past it). From GM to the Panasonic memory chip. But if you don't like it - you'd better just tune it out because it ain't gonna change. It bothers me more when I see it in better quality shows, like Entourage or The Sopranos or Lost.

I'm gonna see it again this week, I haven't seen a movie twice in the theatres in a couple years. But it really will go down as a good summertime, check your brain at the door action flick.

badfish
07/11/2007, 03:47 PM
Its a movie about electronic transforming aliens. I don't expect it to be one of the greatest movies of all time. Take it for what it is, a children's cartoon made into a movie. I think it is good for being that.

loosbrew
07/11/2007, 03:52 PM
it had about 30 mins of the anything relevant to the cartoon, other than that it was just another teen movie :P

crrichey
07/11/2007, 05:40 PM
I thought the acting was great if their goal was to make me laugh along with the awesome action.

slowradio
07/11/2007, 07:04 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10318339#post10318339 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Fliger
...Its really rare that movies put great action, production AND acting together. And the Product Placement was truly annoying ...

true. i can only think of two off the top of my head.

1) terminator 2
2) true lies

jmo

wow, i guess i'm an arnold fan. whaddya know?:lol:

Fliger
07/11/2007, 07:32 PM
Well, minus Keanu - the The Matrix! I liked Terminator a little better than the sequel. I think some of the comic book movies had 'em all - Spidey 1 & 2 (3 was mediocre at best), Lord of the Rings trilogy and lots of others had them all. I loved the movie! I just wish it was slightly better than - just a good action flick. But then again I tattoo'ed Optimus Prime on my butt when I was 13. :lol:

I'll tell you what, I will be the FIRST person to buy Transformers on HD-DVD - and my neighbors will all know it that night. I'll buy a new subwoofer just for the movie. I'm sure my fishies will love me.

aztbs
07/11/2007, 07:39 PM
ALIENS

One of my all time favorite movies. Great quotable dialog, crazy action, awesome story. Love it. I don't like new movie crowds, but I am looking forward to seeing Transformers. I was a Voltron kid, but I watched enough transformers cartoons.

slowradio
07/11/2007, 08:25 PM
dave & tiff- you hit it on the nose...two awesome flix.

little known fact about ole' slowradio, i paid to see the original matrix movie 12 times in high school. man, we were matrix junkies!

CalvinC4S
07/12/2007, 12:23 AM
It was a bummer to see them use the wrong cars and market to a paying audience.

The beginning was cool but after that I thought it was cheese.