PDA

View Full Version : frag a ORG neon green leather

killingseed
07/06/2007, 03:25 PM
i desided to frag it for the fun of it. real simple to do. not glue needed just a rock, a rubberb and a tooth pick.

a video of me doing this was made i asked zed915 to film it while i was doing it. it only took a couple min to frag. i think its worth sharing.

fraging most leathers can be dont this same way; toadstools, fugi's and many others leathers as well as xenia and some other corals can be done this way.

zed915 is going to post some videos on it when he gets the time. which will be great.

as for the two frags i made of the are doing great and opening. i will raffle off one of the two frags. the ORA neon green leather can cost around 35.00 for as littles as a 2 in. frag. that was about the size i got mine at about 6 months ago and its now a little bigger then a softball now or was hehehe. i will be giving one of the frags away at the next meeting.

if anyone has a coral they would like to frag or have frag or learn to frag. let me know and we can talk about fraging at the next meeting. let us know a head of time so we can have things needed to frag the coral on hand some coral take more work to frag so please leet us know and we can chat about it before hand.

killingseed
07/06/2007, 07:30 PM
this is our first time messing with video's so dont look forward to a blockbuster.

thanks

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n238/killingseed/th_Movie.jpg (http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n238/killingseed/?action=view&current=Movie.flv)

chuy marquez
07/07/2007, 06:12 PM
I have a yellow leather ,a toadstool and a pink leather I would like to frag. I'll get with you in the next meeting to make arrangemets as to when and where.

killingseed
07/08/2007, 11:29 PM
ok i am bumping this thread. eddie(zed915) spent some time redoing the video and he did a great job i wanted people to see his work. i think we are a little closer to having a blockbuster now. sorry for jumping the gun on the video there eddie if i thought you were going to put that much into it i wouldnt have posted anything.

thank everyone for looking.

MeuserReef
07/08/2007, 11:36 PM
Awesome!

Thanks for sharing.

chuy marquez
07/09/2007, 05:34 PM
How long does it take for the leatherto heal?

killingseed
07/09/2007, 05:49 PM
Week or two for frags to heal and maybe another week or two to fully attach to disc or rock. May take a couple months for the mother coral to show no signs of Propagation / fragging and the heal time would be the same there about a week or two for to heal on the mother coral

zed915
07/09/2007, 07:47 PM
We'll film the end result and add it to the video. ELPMAS will work on it this week...

zed915
07/09/2007, 07:49 PM
((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸>< ((((º>¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.
`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.

Salty Sam
07/10/2007, 03:12 PM
Nice job guys....very cool.