PDA

View Full Version : Doh!!

Mr James
07/06/2007, 01:59 PM
I found a smoking deal, or least what I think is a smoking deal. A 120g (AGA 4' x 2' x 2') down in St Paul. But 6 hours there and 6 hours back will kill me!! Oh well, the search continues.

If anybody wants to go get it for me, I'll give ya a free case of beer!!

tarax
07/06/2007, 05:27 PM
6 Hours... Didn't you commute longer when you lived in Fla? Turn it into a weekend trip and visit some of the stores in the cities when you there..

Make it a tank purchasing, etc weekend.

Mr James
07/06/2007, 10:01 PM
My commute in Fla. was about 545 minutes to work. I did however drive 4 hours one way to get my 180g set up. It's still tempting, but I will wait.

Turbo5oh
07/07/2007, 10:27 PM
u would have to consider the fuel exspense in the "deal" ull need a truck or van which will drink that stuff down

Mr James
07/07/2007, 11:08 PM
by Mr James
...was about 545 minutes to work...

I meant 45 minutes. Typo.

tarax
07/07/2007, 11:57 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10293974#post10293974 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Mr James
I meant 45 minutes. Typo.

Knew what you meant.. I went to that website you listed, those prices aren't bad, but I bet shipping would kill you..

Have you ever thought of building?

(Just trying to get you back into the hobby...:D )

Mr James
07/08/2007, 06:28 AM
What website are you referring to?? If you are talking about glasscages.com, they have their own trucking company and shipping can be quite reasonable. And don't worry, I am going to get back in, just not as crazy as I was before.

tarax
07/08/2007, 12:26 PM
yeah, it was glasscages.com.

Mr James
07/08/2007, 08:31 PM
What's your name tarax?? Any pics of your system?? I was just in Grand Forks today but did not contact you (I know you live yet another hour south), I had wanted to see your tank. I already met icereefer (Jim).

tarax
07/08/2007, 09:17 PM
My name is Mark.. I live in West Fargo.. My Tank is really just in the fledling stages and not a whole lot to look at.. I have a photo from a few weeks ago, there are others there as well..

Go to

http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x49/tarax_photos/Fish/

Mr James
07/08/2007, 10:03 PM
Hey Mark, my name is James. Your picture look great!! I like the rocks. What kind are they?? Marshall Island by chance??

tarax
07/08/2007, 10:30 PM
I have a mixture of Marshall Island, Fiji and some dead Acropora. (You can only see this in some of the newer pictures with the Fish.)

Most of the rock came with the tank from my friend but I am wanting to get some more because he had severe issues with the tank, I ended up re-curing the rock with no light because of all of the Green Hair Algae he had in the tank.. It covered everything and was about 6 to 8 inches long.

I had tons of die off, about the only thing live left on it was the bacteria.. So I want to try and seed organisms from some fresh stuff..

Problem I am having is the cost vs benefit ratio. I have been having a problem finding Marshall in this area and shipping it is like WOW the costs...

Thanks for the comments though.

Mr James
07/08/2007, 10:32 PM
I'll be ordering some live rock some time this summer. We could find more people and split to costs. We could have it shipped to Grand Forks, to another member's home and meet there to pick it up. Interested??

tarax
07/08/2007, 10:58 PM
Sure..

Mattewell
07/26/2007, 11:34 PM
tarax, I didnt realize you lived in west fargo, I'm on sheyenne st. you should stop over and check out my tanks. I know your system is still in the infant stage but it would be nice to have someone to trade stuff with.

James, Id be in for a couple pounds, I'm looking for a couple pieces for a 12 gallon I'm setting up. I also travel down through the cities on a regular basis, so if there is something down there that you want picked up I could bring it to fargo or grand forks fairly easily for you.

Mr James
07/27/2007, 08:20 AM
by Mattewell
James, Id be in for a couple pounds, I'm looking for a couple pieces for a 12 gallon I'm setting up. I also travel down through the cities on a regular basis, so if there is something down there that you want picked up I could bring it to fargo or grand forks fairly easily for you.

I hope you can make it to the meeting on Sunday in Grand Forks. I'd like to meet you and wee can discuss live rock.

moonyguy
07/27/2007, 09:54 AM
James, Icereefer (Jim) has about 10 lbs of LR in his 75 he wants to get rid of to reaquascape. Drop him a PM and see if he still wants to do that.

Mr James
07/27/2007, 12:16 PM
I'm not ready for the rock yet, unfortunately.

tarax
07/28/2007, 11:12 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10423257#post10423257 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Mattewell
tarax, I didnt realize you lived in west fargo, I'm on sheyenne st. you should stop over and check out my tanks. I know your system is still in the infant stage but it would be nice to have someone to trade stuff with.

Absolutely.. I'll PM you my cell phone number. I won't be able to do anything for a couple of weeks just do to a very nasty work schedule.. But I would love for you to see my system.

I live right down Sheyene on CR17 just south of the Interstate.

latazyo
07/28/2007, 10:10 PM
cool that this forum is active again