PDA

View Full Version : 3rd ALL_OHIO frag swap bringing/wanting list

cone9
09/21/2002, 03:06 PM
Please briefly post what you'll be bringing and what you'd like to get. For info about the swap go here: http://archive.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=112971&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

I'm bringing:

Blue zoos - 2 or 3
Pink zoos - 2
Orange zoos - maybe one
Reddish brown Clavularia - 2 or 3 [there doesn't seem to be much interest in Clav, but this stuff is really pretty and very hardy]
Anthelia - 1 or 2
Orange M. digitata - 1
Green Hydnophora - 1
Mushroom rock - 1

I'd most like:

Zoos
Ricordea - other than dark green or orange
Acros or Montipora

See ya there, Dave

Eriksmack
09/21/2002, 03:33 PM
DAve, I'd like to get some blue and pink buttons, I've got a purple humillis frag and some ricordia I can trade you.
Let me know
Erik

Frick-n-Frags
09/21/2002, 09:06 PM
Erik, how would you like your old green Pocillapora back or that weird green scroll? By next swap, your Pavona, and remember that pink tipped Stylophora, well maybe not the Pavona, it just doesn't grow much. DJ has a big piece. :D . I would definitely like a piece of purple humilis (mine is on the comeback too :) )

I will have 40-50 pink XENIA for massive giveaways. (ie no trade necessary)

Hydnophora frags
some silver quill gorg frags (maybe some purple frilly's too)
green star polyps
green Pocillapora frags
brown Pocillapora frags
yellow polyps
zoos
Lobophytum
a general assortment of Acro frags, probably a slimer, some green humilis and a few others like A.bushiensis?(or something close) and my pink table
maybe a couple of electric green Sinularias and Neptheas for trading for cool stuff.
A bunch of "dish scrubby" macros (They NEVER go sexual!!!!)
And whatever else tickles my fancy that day.....

looking for:
- pink Pocillapora (?physhy????maybe :D)
- wicked green/blue or purple/blue Acros
- those sea fans that someone had last time
- weird gorgs
- Chaetomorpha (?spaghetti algae?)
- any garbage no one else wants :D (except Caulerpa)
(I have gotten some of the best mushrooms from swaps)

cone9
09/21/2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Eriksmack
DAve, I'd like to get some blue and pink buttons, I've got a purple humillis frag and some ricordia I can trade you.
Let me know
Erik

Erik,
That sounds great - I'll put your name on some blues and pinks.

Dave

Eriksmack
09/22/2002, 11:09 AM
Sounds good Frick and Cone, You know That pavona has been in tanks for over ten years now. Kinda makes ou think that would coral would have been gone forever but is one day going to make it back to my tank because of people getting together to trade coals. Kinda cool I think:)
This is my list what I'll have
Purple Humillis like 10 frags
Green on Green Trumpet coral 2 frags
Ricordia 1 (cone)
dark red buttons, there color is just no coming back 1 frag
brown buttons 1 frag
And hopefully a nice acro that I'll frag up
Erik

Mantis
09/23/2002, 12:13 PM
What I have :

Red, Orange, and Green Florida Ricordia (see pic)
purple gorg.
purple plating montipora
very green star polyps
red and green trumpet
red with green polka dot mushrooms

What I'd like :

zoos (Cone how about a Ricordia for blue zoo trade)
Green Sinularia (Frick, what do you say)
interesting sps

Brad

Frick-n-Frags
09/24/2002, 09:12 AM
OK, Brad, one green Sinularia for you......

Dave, what color zoos are you looking for? I have some crazy orange and yellow ones. What kind of Acros are you looking for?
{I'll just keep editing this post)

Dave I will try to get some zoos chipped off the colony for you. Some crazy assortment.

Geo: Pink table Acro? Green humilis? I probably should let Burgman bring his own Godzilla staghorn. :D

Porky: You comin' to da right place bro!!!! Look forward to meeting you. I'll bring a big green star polyps and a Pocillapora to help get you started.

NorthCoast
09/24/2002, 10:15 AM
I would be interested in softies, zoanthides and various mushrooms.

I have a pretty average softy tank w/ Green Sinularia, Lime Green Nepthia (slow growing), Finger leathers, toadstools, various mushrooms, purple gorgonian, purple plating sps, orange fire coral, brown button, green buttons, olive-green buttons...

Mantis,

Just curious, but is the plating sps and the gorgonian from the frags you got from my tank? The Ricordia you gave me are doing very well... I'd be interested in some more. Did you get the refugium setup and the the live sand work out?

I also have some of the DIY float switches from Grainger that are referenced on the boards. These would be for sale or trade. You normally need to register to order, and, I had an opportunity to get about 10 extra with my order...

Later, :)
NC

Mantis
09/24/2002, 11:59 AM
Northcoast

Yes, the plating Montipora is from your tank, it has taken off and grown at least 10 times bigger, in just 8 months :).

My electric green hydnophora had 4 babies, one has your name on it. They are still very small but if you want it let me know.

The refugium is exporting nicely, and the live sand was just the ticket for my sand bed, full of critters.

Brad

NorthCoast
09/24/2002, 12:55 PM
Brad,

The electric green hydnophora sounds great!

Look forward to seeing you again,
Mark

NorthCoast
09/24/2002, 01:00 PM
I also have live sand to trade from a 29 gallon Q-tank. The DSB has been established for 2 years and was seeded from many sources (other reef tanks) and a IPSF detrivore kit while it has been running. :D

Later,
NC

cone9
09/24/2002, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by the mantis
(Cone how about a Ricordia for blue zoo trade)

That would be fine, Brad. I better frag up some more blues tomorrow! [You're an art teacher - does cone9 mean anything to you?]

Jeff,
I'm into any bright zoos. I have the blues, pinks, two different oranges, greens, and purple/brown. But you know, the next orange ones or green ones or whatever I see are more than likely going to be different from mine - there are so many strains.
The Acro I got from you in Dec is really doing well - tan with purple tips. Here again - Acros with some color are on my shopping list - would like some blue. You know of anything I have you'd like?
BTW - "fuzzy" is doing great!

Dave

musicsmaker
09/24/2002, 08:01 PM
How hard is it to get southdown where you guys are? I have relatively easy access to it. Could bring as much as anyone would need.

porky
09/25/2002, 11:12 AM
WOW! This is going to be awesome! Im Porky by the way, new member here in Columbus and im really looking forward to my first frag swap. Not that I have anything to swap, my tank has only been up and running since Feb, but I hope to gain some knowledge and maybe buy a couple of frags. I can hardly wait!

Coraldynamics
09/25/2002, 09:50 PM
I'm planning on bringing mostly acro frags. If someone wants something in particular from my website at: www.coraldynamics.com let me know and I'll bring it along with me.

Thanks, look forward to seeing everyone again.

Rick

ReefDent
09/29/2002, 09:03 PM
I just sent an e-mail asking for directions. I live in Westerville and am looking forward to the swap and meeting people with the same addiction!!

Anyways, the frags i could bring include: pom pom xenia, brown montipora digita (Dennis at fish juntion called it purple finger- the polyps are brown, but the tissue is purple of varying shades)- I have two colonies if someone wants one of them, fluorescent green hydnophora, a frogspawn, and maybe a frag of pink millepora- just got it not too long ago. I also could bring a piece of a pink/purple tipped acro with bright green polyps. I'd post pics, but I don't have a dig cam...

I'm looking for some nice blue/ purple acros, and a frag of the green monti capricornis that has the purple rim.

James

Frick-n-Frags
09/30/2002, 06:57 AM
Reefdent, anything you want for a piece of pink millepora????

ReefDent
09/30/2002, 10:32 AM
I'm looking for blue/ purple acros, if possible...

James

ReefDent
09/30/2002, 10:41 AM
I didn't want that last post to sound snotty, only taking blue/purples for trades, that's just something I've really been looking for. I'm sure we could work something out!:smokin:

James

musicsmaker
09/30/2002, 10:42 AM
Incase anyone did/does want some southdown, email me at musicsmaker@mtn-state.com and tell me how much you want me to bring. If it's just a few bags I can cover it untill I see you. More than like 10/15 bags would have to be prepaid.

geo
09/30/2002, 09:26 PM
Hey there! Don't need any south down, just wondering if you are bringing any other WV reefers with you? :)
This swap looks like it will be the largest turn out yet, I cant wait.
I have a neighbor buddy that is setting up a new tank and has a couple of 400 watt core and coil ballast (raw, no case) he would like to trade fro some live rock if anyone is interested.

mgk65
09/30/2002, 09:39 PM
musicmaker:

Where in WV are you? I'm in Huntington...

Geo:

I can't make this swap. We're going to the Smokies for a much needed vacation!

Sorry I'll be missing you guys again.

mgk

geo
10/01/2002, 06:22 AM
Have fun in the smokies! :)

musicsmaker
10/01/2002, 07:58 PM
I'm right outside of chester. Tip top of the state.

Frick-n-Frags
10/03/2002, 07:28 AM
Oh well, I have to wait for my Chaetomorpha then don't I. Have fun in the Smokies. Maybe you can spot some coral fungus out in the woods. It comes in white, pink and yellow. :D

mgk65
10/03/2002, 08:19 AM
I'll get some to you next time. :)

I'll be visiting this aquarium:

http://www.ripleysaquariumofthesmokies.com

I've been there once and it was one of the best i've seen.

mgk

porky
10/07/2002, 01:23 PM
Hello All, Porky here, just wanted to say how absolutely blown away I was by everyone's generosity! This was our, my wife and I, first frag swap and I can tell you what it wont be our last. Everyone we met was great and extremely courteous. Our tank went from drab to dynamite overnight! Thank you Trent for hosting and allowing us in your beautiful home. You have a heck of a nice tank too, probably the most organized, neatest system I have ever seen. Thank you Frick-and-Frags for the awesome freebies :D they are all doing great this morning. Thank you Phishey for all the great deals on the softies and all the other stuff :D Thanks to Rick of Coraldynamics for the cool frags. And thank you Geo for the acro frag! It was nice to finally meet you all Reefdent, Cone9 and ALL OF YOU and to put a name with the RC handle. You guys done a great job of making a newbie feel right @ home. Im already looking forward the next time. What a great event! The knowledge I gained at this swap are invaluable! Not to mention all the cool frags. Until next time, have a good one guys ;)
Porky and Mrs. Porky