PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have Pachyseris?

skylsdale
09/20/2002, 05:34 PM
As some of you may know, I've been planning a deep-water tank for quite a while now(there's some basic info in my signature: Beyond the Flat.)

Anyway, I am interested in trying out some Pachyseris in the tank as it would be a perfect addition from that environment, but I was curious if anyone out there happens to have it and wouldn't mind losing a frag or two? I wouldn't be seriously interested for another few months, maybe longer(twins on the way). ;) Just thought I'd put the feelers out and see if anyone has it.

Thanks.

dnjan
09/20/2002, 06:31 PM
More on the order of a year or two (rather than a month or two) before mine will be large enough that I would feel comfortable fragging it. I have had it over a year, and it has grown perhaps 3/4" total. Seems healthy, but they are definitely slow growers.

Premium Aquatics www.premiumaquatics.com has a large green one (mine is red) listed in their stock list that I wouldn't mind splitting (I assume that a large coral would be big enough to split), but I don't need anything else live from them right now, and so the shipping would probably exceed the cost of the coral.

I appreciate the idea of getting a frag rather than robbing the reefs of yet another coral, but pachyseries are pretty slow growers.