PDA

View Full Version : Next Meeting

sulcata1619
06/29/2007, 11:45 PM
The next meeting will be late July.
On a Saturday afternoon.
Frag swap will be open category.
Hosted at someone's house if anybody wants to volunteer.
Let's see what kind of ideas we can come up with.
any suggestions to help make the meetings better are welcome.
Any ideas on a speaker other than James or Steve. I think they have done their share. (good Job Guys)

coralfarmer
06/30/2007, 12:17 AM
Didn't Jeff say he wanted to host or was that in August?

northbay-reefer
07/01/2007, 11:06 AM
Lets turn it into a Wine event and picnic or potluck / BBQ so all the wives can enjoy themselves too ? :D :D

Their will be blind tasting(anyone who wants to paticipate can bring a bottle of wine), wine games, and the winners will win frags donated by Ocean treasure ??? or frags donated by local stores or club members :D :D (I'll set up the wine games) for those that dont drink can taste and spit LOL

James are you up for it :D :D

clayspst
07/01/2007, 11:30 AM
or I can host it at my place

treesmoker
07/01/2007, 12:57 PM
I'm diggin where you're goin with the wine idea....excellent! As far as hosting, I'd love to host and I live in downtown S.R. so it's pretty close to everyone.

As for new ideas maybe someone could get there hands on an educational dvd of reefs, diving, propogation, etc. or a recording of the "Blue Planet" series that we could all enjoy watching on my new 50" plasma...in HD of course.

thysrof
07/01/2007, 01:30 PM
Mike,
Good Idea about going thru the wall it would be a bummer to cut a hole in my old hardwood floors. I would be willing to host the weekend afternoon meeting.We have a large yard with a swimming pool so it would work well at our place. How about a Potluck BBQ.

Thanks Bob

jkreefer
07/01/2007, 02:34 PM
I'm open for hosting whenever, I love BBQ

crispyreef
07/02/2007, 12:15 PM
Sounds great. What will the wine catagory be? We could do $20 and below Cabs, Syrah. Or we could step it up with $20 and above. Or we could go by appellation ex, Russian River, Dry Creek. You get the idea. Can you guys tell I like wine?

northbay-reefer
07/02/2007, 12:53 PM
Chris, lets stay between 15 and 20, and mixed varietals from all regions and the game we will play is blind taste and guess the varietals to match with the wine. The one that have the most correct will be the winner. Also vote for the best wine, the one bringing the best wine will also win.

thysrof
07/02/2007, 04:56 PM
Guys,
I'm a wine lover,So I've gotta throw my two cents in. This is going to be a Saturday in july(Warm Weather) I would reccomemd we do Whites,goes a little better with the heat. ALthough you won't get too much of an arguement about red from me. Being the former restaurant guy I might be able to pull a string or two and get a winery friend to come and do a complimentary tasting for us or atleast donate some wine.

Bob

sulcata1619
07/02/2007, 07:25 PM
so how does this work Tom, do we each bring a bottle but keep it in a brown bag. That way no one knows what was brought until after the challenge? Where will we get the prizes? should we each donate like $10 or $15 and you or I can pick up a nice colony or something?

jamesgang
07/03/2007, 12:13 PM
I'm guessing the reef gods don't want me at a meeting. The 21st I've got duty and the next weekend I'm in Lewiston for 4 days.

Damn it!!!

northbay-reefer
07/03/2007, 01:37 PM
Mike that sounds good ... but did I hear the 21st ? hmmm I am not going to be able to make it on the 21st nor the 28th of July, can we do August 4th ?

clayspst
07/03/2007, 02:20 PM
no 4ht of august the coast guards has plans that day

thysrof
07/03/2007, 03:56 PM
Mike,
Why don't you post a survey and see which Saturaday the most people can make and go from there.

Bob