PDA

View Full Version : Great Meeting!!

coralfarmer
06/29/2007, 12:53 AM
I enjoyed seeing and talking to everyone tonight. I'm aclimating my corals as I type. One suggestion for the new decision makers, lets have a meeting once a month. This will go a long way in growing the group. As it is now if someone goes to a meeting then misses the next one by the time the next meeting roles around 4 months have past. Having it each month will make it easier for people to participate and feel part of the group.

sulcata1619
06/29/2007, 06:40 AM
I agree, if we go monthly I think we should stick to frag swap every other meeting.

gdm42001
06/29/2007, 08:50 AM
Monthly sounds good to me, might be easier to remember:confused:
I got a reminder on my computer last night that said I was 8 minutes late when I logged in.
Looked out the window at the burgers grilling and decided to pour another :beer:

See ya next time

treesmoker
06/29/2007, 09:21 AM
I'll 2nd that. Its nice to see eveyone, have a few beers and just relax!

jamesgang
06/29/2007, 09:30 AM
I'll third that. Only because I've missed the last TWO meetings because of work, so I've yet to meet anyone at a meeting.
I've only met people at their place of business.

northbay-reefer
06/29/2007, 09:45 AM
So who is the new President ????

clayspst
06/29/2007, 10:04 AM
i agree with the monthly meetings. mike is the new prez or james. right mike?

thysrof
06/29/2007, 11:29 AM
Yah,Good time last night.I'm up for monthly. Good point if you miss one then you don't attend one for 4 months.

Bob

crispyreef
06/29/2007, 02:07 PM
Great seeing everybody. Monthly estoy bien. One vote for Mike, one for James.

coralfarmer
06/29/2007, 02:47 PM
Mike said if you vote for him for prez. Its free beer for everyone!!!

northbay-reefer
06/29/2007, 09:26 PM
OK whoever is the president, this is what I like to see:

1, Connection with local stores so they will sponsor us, that way maybe they can give our club free frags/supplies for meetings so we can start a raffle program to raise money for the club or increase selection in our frag swap ect.

2, Store promotions of our club so more people will join our club.

3, Store announcement of new arrivals so we can know when to make store visits to supports the sponsors.

4, even for the non local stores like Ocean treasure(if they are willing to sponsor us), we should have ways to meet there once in a while, pick up frags of corals, group buy ect.

5, help local owners to bring their system up to par such as Northbay aquatics. Instead of dishing them we could help make sugestions to make the store better which benefit everyone in the long run.

6, Their is a nice corals store in Napa that could sponsor us too :D :D they are having a 1/2w off frags sales until the 4th.

Just some ideas ..... if anyone have more ideas please feel free to add or subtract :D :D

jamesgang
06/29/2007, 09:32 PM
I'm in Vallejo, where is this Napa frag store you speak of?
I've only been to one LFS in Napa and it was pretty small and sparce of anything worth buying.

sulcata1619
06/29/2007, 11:39 PM
That's a hell of a list Tom. You came up with that all on your own. I think Tom should be President and I will be VP. I will handle the frag swap and schedule the meetings. Two Votes for Tom.

Polls
Tom 2
Mike 1
James 1

northbay-reefer
06/30/2007, 11:01 AM
Mike LOL ...xit ok forget he list ... I was bored forgive me :D :D

Jamesgang its this one, it might noe be a storefront though http://diamondsinthereef.com/index.html

corndogg
06/30/2007, 02:13 PM
diamonds in the reef is Clint Conway's home business. He's not an actual store

northbay-reefer
06/30/2007, 03:18 PM
Good to know, he has got a nice red stag that I would like to get a piece off