PDA

View Full Version : in need of a lot of help

Sea Hunter
06/24/2007, 11:12 AM
Hey guys its been a while. Well my tank is looking like @$$ and It needs some major help. First off the bubble alage is over run my tank. whats the best way to get rid of it? I think once I get that under control it will start to shapen up . I'm almost ready to tear it all down and start fresh but really dont want to do that so I might give it another go.

Thanks

loosecannon
06/25/2007, 04:05 PM
hi and nice too here from some one. i have bubble agae to. they say emeraid mithrax crabs[MITHRAX SCULPTUS] eats it not mine! I have trid snails sea haers every thing, even manualy. the water in side them is full of spors! and I thout caulerpa was a pain in the @$$! I hope this info helps.

aries70
06/28/2007, 11:05 AM
I used emeralds and very carefully removed as many bubbles with out poping them not always easy but like loosecannon said they are full of spores.

Sea Hunter
06/28/2007, 05:06 PM
I removed what I could and pulled a few rocks out that were pretty loaded. Put some Phos Guard in a bag in the sump and looking to get some emeralds but damn those thing arnt cheap. I did a little wanter change not enough of what I should do but my bucket of salt hasnt gottin here yet. when that does I'll be doing one hell of a water change then too. I'm thinkg of getting a phos reactor and hook that in line with my cal reactor. The tank looks a hell of a lot better but it took me a few long hours and its only the beginning. lol

jallard
06/28/2007, 09:08 PM
water changes are a good start..... are you using a Ro/Di?

Gary Majchrzak
06/30/2007, 05:48 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10236529#post10236529 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jallard
water changes are a good start..... are you using a Ro/Di?
and a good skimmer?

Sea Hunter
06/30/2007, 06:36 AM
I do have ro/di but I need new filters,(anyone know of a cheap place to get 3 new filters?) and I have a berlin skimmer in my sump. I've been getting in my tank every few days to try to remove as many bubbles as I can each time its certianly starting to look better and Hopefully will start to clear that crap out of there. lol.

loosecannon
07/03/2007, 03:43 PM
Seahunter: r. o. d. ,is not going to help with your alge.

jallard
07/06/2007, 06:01 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10266415#post10266415 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by loosecannon
Seahunter: r. o. d. ,is not going to help with your alge.

Not true........

elevated levels of phosphates due to poor water quality (no RO/DI) or lack of skimming will most certainly contribute to bubble algae. Unless your water quality is good from the start.... have you tested the water with a TDS meter?

loosecannon
07/07/2007, 12:54 AM
I don`t have a r.o.d. , I have alge in one tank and NOT the other two!