PDA

View Full Version : help babies!!!

kovu
09/15/2002, 08:33 PM
i am such a newbie i just got a few seahorses for my birthday and yes they are wild caught. i feel so bad my male just had babies and i do not know what to do? should i seperate them form the tank into a butcket? should i leave them in the 29 with out the filter running etc. ? i dont have any BBS either,,, do you think the babies will last until tomorrow when i run out and buy some baby brine shrimp eggs or soemthing?
i have pleanty of copeods on the glass etc you think that will be enough until i hatch some BBS? i fell terrible about buying wild caught and now it having babies but i am going to try my best i swear.

btw i think the male is either a reidi or kuda or erectus.

thanks fior any help!

Will
09/15/2002, 08:55 PM
unfortunately, it'd probably be best to just get rid of the babies. without preparation, they won't live long at all. also, they probably won't live long enough for you to get bbs hatched. do some research and try to be ready for the next time he has babies. this could be as soon as three weeks from now. congrats on the babies, but sorry you've got to get rid of them :(. good luck on the next batch though! you've got lots to learn between now and the next time he has babies.
fourhand2