PDA

View Full Version : September 21st meeting

luminary
09/15/2002, 06:27 PM
The next meeting will be September 21st, next Saturday, at 2:00pm. We will be having it at Deborah and Reagan's house again. We will be discussing the threads that I posted on Reef Central after our last meeting. Namely:

- Officers: We currently have the following people nominated for the following positions:
President: Matt Galvin (me)
Secretary: Joe Abrams
Treasurer: Deborah Albert
Webmaster: Greg Taylor

If there is noone else who would like to hold one of these positions, the current nominees will be elected by default. If there is anyone who would like to run, we will hold an election on the 21st (majority vote wins). For now, these are the only positions that we need. At some point in the future we may decide to at a Vice President and a Membership Director. I'd also like us to decide on terms for the positions. I'd like to recommend they be 1 year, but if everyone thinks that's too long, then I'd recommend no less than 6 months.

- Membership: What benefits do members of the club receive? Basically, what does it mean to be a member? I am putting together a membership application for club members to fill out. In going along with this, finalizing the dues for members.

- Clubs purpose: We've had some discussion about what everyone thinks the purpose of the club should be online. This involves what kinds of activities everyone would like the club to participate in as well as what you would like to see happen at our meetings. I'd like to continue this discussion at the meeting.

- Website: What does everyone think we need to have on the website? Who can help out with creating it?

After the meeting, if there are any decisions that remain, the officers will formalize them and we will put it to the club for vote.

This meeting will not be a big BBQ like the last one was (we only do those a couple times a year). We will have sodas and lite snacks, but if there is something specific that you want, please bring it with you. If you plan on bringing frags to swap, please post to this thread so everyone know what you will have.

If you need directions, please email me.

See you on saturday!

Agu
09/15/2002, 10:43 PM
I may be back in Venice in time to make the meeting. Anyone from that area interested in carpooling to the meeting??

Agu

bgdiving
09/20/2002, 02:16 AM
Agu, if your back in Venice drop me an E-mail, maybe we can arrange to go up to the meeting together. I'll be heading up early so I can make a side trip to deliver some corals but your welcome to ride along. contact me at:

BGdiving@comcast.net