PDA

View Full Version : good skimmer for a 25 gal reef?CPr OR Other

firefighterbryan
09/15/2002, 04:22 PM
I am looking for a nice skimmer for a 25 gal reef.Is the cpr bakpak a good one or would you recommend another.Anybody selling one let me know.Bryan

Robert Hoeck
09/15/2002, 06:52 PM
I've got a bak pak on a 30 gallon that works fine. I like the way the heater can be put in the chamber that used to have the bio bale. I'd reccomend getting the surface extractor box. All this said, I'd go for the aqua c remora and maxi jet if I was in market. One thing about these skimmers is that when water level drops they start running dry. It would be good to have some type of automatic water replacement to keep that in check. Good luck and there's tons of threads about these skimmers. LOL deciding, Rob.

Fuzzy
09/16/2002, 03:31 PM
I'm on a similar quest...... BakPak2R or Remora for my 30 long.
We have a Remora Pro w/Mag 3 and prefilter on our 56, and it is great. Problem is I don't want to drop $200 on my 30 at the office. Still not sure which one I will buy. But I can definitely say don't waste your money on a Prizm. It is noisy and very finicky. It will work great for a week, bubbling out a thick green foam. Then completely stop and fill up with clear water.

Fuzzy
09/20/2002, 11:16 AM
Well my quest finally ended........

I read a whole bunch of posts on skimmers, and finally decided to spend the extra money and go with a Remora/Maxi/Prefilter/Overflow setup. I ordered it from Greg at www.reefgeek.com, total price with free shipping was $204.00.
I have had such good results with my Remora Pro, I figured why temp fate......

Anyone want a good deal on a Prizm??
It will even come with the original box and papers....:D

PS. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone at the meeting!