PDA

View Full Version : Model Airplanes and Guitar Amp for sale!

NeveSSL
06/11/2007, 09:30 PM
Hello!

Well, I am selling my model airplanes. I'm actually selling them to help pay for this hobby! lol I also got married last June and I don't have room in our apartment for them.

They're actually in East TN at my parents house but I can deliver then in East TN or Middle TN. I have a little .30 sized plane that actually has an OS Goldhead .60 in it... needless to say its overpowered and a blast to fly... lol. I think its called a "Wild Thing". Its a fixed wing.

I also have a Tower Trainer .40 that needs the control surfaces take care of... I put them too far from the plane so flutter could be an issue. It also has a BRAND NEW Futaba flight pack but no engine. Theres also Futaba 8U Super with an aluminum case and a basic set of flight line equipment. I hate to sell this stuff, but I've got to to pay for our new tank... plus I have no room for them!

If anyone is interested or possibly knows someone who is interested, please let me know.

FWIW, I also am selling one of my guitar amps... a Hughes and Kettner Triamp... PM me for more info.

Thanks!

Brandon

dragon_slayer
06/12/2007, 08:05 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10124350#post10124350 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NeveSSL
...........I also have a Tower Trainer .40 that needs the control surfaces take care of... I put them too far from the plane so flutter could be an issue.

just an FYI it's highly unlikely that you'd ever get a trainer up to enough speed to get flutter from a hinge gap unless the linkage had allot of slop but low speed control would become an issue as air would start to pass between the stab/wing/fin and the control surfaces where the gap is. you (or whomever you sell/trade to) can use monokote or even clear packing tape to seal the hinge line and problem solved.

kc

NeveSSL
06/12/2007, 10:30 AM
Thanks kc...

Had I flown it again, thats exactly what would have happened... someone at the field suggested just putting covering over them instead of re-hinging. It was only flown once. The other one has plenty of AMA stickers and packing tape from mishaps! :lol:

Brandon

dragon_slayer
06/12/2007, 10:41 AM
i maiden'd a stinger 60 for a guy last weekend that had about a 3/8" hinge gap, he used Robart hinge-points and didn't have a clue about how to set them up. controls were fine at speed but when checking out the stall characteristics (which it wouldn't stall :) ) it lost allot of authority (which i expected it would) from the controls.

i personally seal all my hinge gaps on convitional balsa built setups, I've noticed a remarkable increase in roll rate sealing even minuscule gaps. on my turbine jets i really like the ones with live hinging like the Rookie II, on my TamJet A-4 the composite wings have extensions on the trailing edges that cover the leading edges of the surfaces so there are no gaps.

kc

http://image.rcuniverse.com/gallery/photos/250335/lg-95709.jpg