PDA

View Full Version : Tank Threads

ambaratur
06/04/2007, 11:45 AM
Hey NAMAS folks.

Does anyone else have a tank thread here? If so I would love to read them. Mine is linked by the red house on my posts.

If you have a tank thread please post the link to it here.

Thanks!

Don

Salamander
06/04/2007, 11:06 PM
Sometimes I wish I had started such a thread...But I'm too lazy to keep it up. Your's is pretty extensiveand it looks like you've been pretty dedicated to it. Those kinds of threads area great for others starting up tanks and also helps you by giving others a chance to input some valuable tips and advice.

So were meeting at your house next week right? Let us konw if you want any of us to bring anything. See ya' there.

Mark

ambaratur
06/05/2007, 10:02 AM
Yep - at my house.

And no need to bring anything - I will have snacks and sodas etc.

I am looking forward to it. It pushed me to get my canopy and lighting done so now my tank looks a lot better. I am hoping to add my first corals today from LiveAquaria so there will be more than fish and shrimp to look at. :)

Salamander
06/05/2007, 08:14 PM
Well I guess we need to bring ya' some frags.

I'll see what I can scrounge up but its pretty slim pickin's till I get things going again after my january moving disaster/tank crash.

What are you getting from Dr. F&S? Always an exciting day when those boxes arrive. Have fun.

ambaratur
06/05/2007, 08:19 PM
I got a candycane, purple plate, and pineapple brain.

They all look pretty good so far. They are not extending the flesh much yet but I think they will be OK.

I will post some pictures of them soon in my tank thread. My initial pictures don't look great yet - I still have to get used to my new camera and get the settings right.

Also my actinic lights are not running yet as I had to send my ballast into IceCap to be repaired. I hope to have it back later this week.

Any frags would be appreciated - but not required of course. Unfortunately I would have nothing to trade yet other than clumps of chaetomorpha algae. :)

Salamander
06/05/2007, 08:51 PM
Sharing frags while seemingly completely altruistic, is also a good backup for those unfortunate mishaps. Not to mention its just good karma.

:thumbsup: