PDA

View Full Version : Help on my Micro Bubbles!

Azazael13
06/03/2007, 03:46 PM
Lately my skimmer (Coralife Super 65G) Has been putting a large amount of micro bubbles out. It is a HOB skimmer, no refugium or sump to put it in. Any thoughts on what could be causing these micro bubbles and what I can do to try to get rid of them?

atf72
06/03/2007, 08:39 PM
I am not familiar with that skimmer. Typically, excessive microbubbles occur when too much water is being pumped through the skimmer. A lower flow allows more time for bubbles to rise, and not be forced out of the skimmer. The other cause could be too many bubbles from the pump, but this is less likely.
So, try adjusting the flow. Otherwise, you can always make a DIY bubble trap on the outflow.
Wish I could provide more help.

Azazael13
06/04/2007, 10:49 AM
I will try limiting the flow tonight and see if that helps. It shouldn't be a too many bubbles issue because this setup uses a airline with a silencer on the end, no actual air pump (venturi style).

Azazael13
06/04/2007, 05:25 PM
no luck :(

Gonna try to post this in the bigger forums.

Eldouble
06/25/2007, 03:13 PM
I had a hob Prizm with the same issue. Couldnt ever get it right so I got an in sump kind. But you could try to (if its like the Prizm) put an airline needle valve on the air intake hose to control the airflow.

Azazael13
06/25/2007, 03:52 PM
actually I cheated and used PVC to redesign the output to help eliminate them :)

The inline thing was my next guess though.