PDA

View Full Version : Used equipment for zoo?

drbronx
06/02/2007, 08:49 AM
I haven't explored the idea of obtaining used equipment for the zoo tank. For example marksreef is selling equipment we can use. I'm not a techno guy as much as many of you. Check out his list and see (inquire) if any is worthwhile for our project. he has a mag 12, Little Giant, RO/DI all of which we can use. http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1120902

What do you guys think we should use for a return pump anyway? Keep in mind price and energy efficiency. I'm guessing an RO/DI is something best purchased new.

fatrip
06/02/2007, 08:53 AM
i agree with the RO/DI being brand new...but i like the idea of a mag12 for the return...dependign on how far up the back the return is going to be we are probibly going to have 4 to 5 feet of head hight....

St.james of reefdom
06/02/2007, 10:05 AM
Is the design of the tank set in terms of holes drilled for the closed loop etc. I think that will determine what size pump we use.
But the use of used not abused equipment is a good idea, unless we have a manufacturer that is working us.

zanclus
06/02/2007, 02:43 PM
I have a new mag 24 that would go great for the closed loop I am asking $110 for it I would donate it , but I am in dire need of some cash right now I think I need to upgrade my chiller.