PDA

View Full Version : Help! How do I get large fish out of overflow?

dmbedard
05/28/2007, 07:32 PM
Does anyone know how to get a large hippo tang out of my overflow?

I cannot believe that my 7-8" hippo tang actually got herself into the overflow! With two pipes sticking up, and short arms, I am having a hard time getting ahold of her... and don't want to stress her out to much.

Any ideas/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Diane, the fish hunter

Steven M
05/28/2007, 07:40 PM
If you have a small fish net try to bend it to fit and help the fish out.

dmbedard
05/28/2007, 08:25 PM
Thx, I'm going to sleep on it tonight and start fresh in the am.

reefrubble
05/28/2007, 08:31 PM
Diane , I had a wrasse get in my over flow twice . The first time I about stressed my wrasse , and my self to death trying to catch him . The second time I removed the over flow tube , and he took an E ride to the sump . He was ok , but he never went in the over flow again . They take worse rides in shipping , trust me . Ted

adnup
05/29/2007, 12:14 AM
I also had a wrasse jump into the overflow. I got him out with patience and a small net. Good Luck

reefrubble
05/29/2007, 07:06 AM
Diane , Did you get your fish , out of the over flow ? Ted

adnup
05/29/2007, 12:32 PM
I have a picture of Diane with her whole head and arms stuck in the overflow...Feet dangling.....:eek1:

Sorry I'm so evil.... :celeb1:

Hope all is well with the fishie

dmbedard
05/29/2007, 04:52 PM
Well I am VERY happy to say that I got Dori out safe and sound this evening after buying the proper sized net and bending it to fit the area, pulling her up to the top of the overflow, where she was wedge against the wall of the tank by the dursos and I was able to get a good handle on her and extract her... and plop! into the right side of the tank!

Only injury is my finger that was gored by one of her top fin needles. I'm sure I'll be ok and I am sure glad it wasn't the foxface who has venomous top spikes.

Oweee to my finger. Hooray for the freedom of the overflow fish.

Hope she never ends up in there again.

Thanks for all the suggestions. It helps.

Diane

adnup
05/30/2007, 12:21 AM
Thats great to hear! Dori is a tough chick.....