PDA

View Full Version : I found DT's

MIKE NY
09/09/2002, 04:08 PM
Hey guys,
I have found a place that sells DT's Phytoplankton. Its' called World Class Aquarium located at 2013 Flatbush Ave in Bklyn exist 11N off the Belt Pkwy. It's a bit of a hike, but it's cheaper than shipping. If anyone knows a place closer on the Island please let me know. I gotta get my culture station setup!!!!

Mike

Corpus Callosum
09/09/2002, 04:20 PM
I used to go to that place all the time when I was younger.. never knew they had DT's ( I just went ahead and ordered it a while ago from reef splendor ).

Thanks for the info!!!

DgenR8
09/16/2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by MIKE NY
Hey guys,
I have found a place that sells DT's Phytoplankton. Its' called World Class Aquarium located at 2013 Flatbush Ave in Bklyn exist 11N off the Belt Pkwy. It's a bit of a hike, but it's cheaper than shipping. If anyone knows a place closer on the Island please let me know. I gotta get my culture station setup!!!!

Mike

Depending on where on LI you are, this might or might not be further away from you, but I think your best bet for finding DT's on LI is Country Critters. They are somewhat high priced, and rather smug about it, but they are the store that caters to reefers, and they carry high end stuff that most others won't. (like Salifert test kits, for an example)

Another option is a store in Bayshore called Fishy INC. he opened recently and is very willing to listen to what you want to be able to get from a LFS. If he hasn't gotten DT's in yet, call him, he will! (631) 665 7500. You might even know Les from the board here, he's a great guy and a hobbyist at heart. He'll do right by you.

MIKE NY
09/16/2002, 02:36 PM
Thanks Larry,
I'm in Franklin Square so Critters is even a further hike, but I do make the trip once in awhile. The place in Bklyn is cheaper and not as far. I think we are all waiting for Les to get set up and stocked. I'm gonna check it out when he's ready.

Mike