PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in Cabbage Coral??

Ocean Image
09/08/2002, 09:52 PM
I have 3 mounted 1"+ frags. Very nice pink color and a good grower. I will bring them to the next meeting if anyone is interested.

Chris

CherryCat
09/09/2002, 07:14 PM
if nobody else bites i'll be happy to take one, chris ...

Ocean Image
09/09/2002, 10:04 PM
Sure thing JC. If your still going to Allentown this weekend, I'm in. I'll send you an email with my phone #.

Chris

Jon
09/12/2002, 06:48 AM
Hey Chris,

I'd like to take you up on your offer for one of them. Thanks for sharing!

Jon.........

Ocean Image
09/12/2002, 08:42 AM
Last night I was searching around and came across this cabbage coral pic. It was of a plating type of Montipora. I did not know that another coral went by this common name. Just to clarify, the frags I have are a soft leather coral. In my opinion this is the nicest of the leather species, very nice pinkinsh/fleshy color and big leafy appearance.
I do have some of the Monti cabbage type, but they are only frags and will take some time before they are ready. Next months meeting I should have some nice zooanthids, we'll see.

Jon
09/12/2002, 09:20 AM
Thanks Chris for clarifying. Still a thumbs up. I was assuming it was the leather variety. BTW, where did you get it?

Jon..........

Ocean Image
09/12/2002, 04:32 PM
I got it at Pets Plus in Conshohocken about 2 years ago. It is the first coral I've ever had. To date it is about 10X the size of when I bought it. This coral likes medium light and medium current. Also make sure you keep detrius and silt from settling on it or it will never stop shedding. A turkey baster works well for this. I wish I had a digital camera, or any camera for that matter.

C

Ocean Image
09/13/2002, 10:13 AM
I just had a thought. I have another cabbage coral (a grown out frag from this one) that isn't really attached to anything at the moment. I could bring this in and let others who have never fragged a coral do it and glue it onto some rubble (and take it home). I can provide everything, not a problem. Should be able to provide 3-4 frags. Just want to see if anyone thinks this would be a good idea. I know we don't have much planned for this months meeting.

C

Jon
09/13/2002, 10:43 AM
Hey that sounds like a really great idea. I'm all for it. How about if we go ahead with this and I'll send out an email tonight to all the members with the new agenda and plan for it. Thanks Chris!

Anybody else want to bring somthing to frag?

Jon...........

PS, Chris I did get you other email and we can talk about that separatly. I think its a good idea also.

Mende
09/13/2002, 11:01 AM
Hey Creeper,
I would love a frag.

Thanks,
Mende

Ocean Image
09/14/2002, 02:13 PM
I was just thinking about everything that I would need to bring on Monday night and realize that I am missing one item. I don't have any bags. I wanted to see if anyone had some before I head out to the LFS or something. I can bring everything in tupperware.

C

Jon
09/14/2002, 07:19 PM
I'll bring bags. Not a problem. Need anything else?

Jon........

Ocean Image
09/15/2002, 02:22 PM
No, that should do it,

thanks