PDA

View Full Version : july meeting

killingseed
05/22/2007, 01:31 PM
This is where I am at with the next meeting so far. I have called the local zoo about having it there and a couple other places are being called and looked into. As for having it at the zoo it may take some time to find out more detailed information about that. I don’t see it happening there this next meeting but you never know. So sense I am not sure about having it at the any one place right at this time I am looking into some other places like the downtown library as well.

As I find and call these places I will fill everyone in some things take time and don’t happen over night with out putting some work into it.

Date this is important, give your input on what date you think we should have it on!
July is the next meeting month!
It needs to be on a sun!
Time is important as well to think about. There may be a little to just saying at 6:00. Some of the places I am looking into may be closed or closing at or by an arranged time, but as I get the info I will make it priority to post.

What is planed for the next meeting?
I have gone to all the LFS and asked them if they would come and talk to or with us. They are welcome to talk about themselves, their stores, what they try to carry in stock or inventory and we can give them our feed back as well while they are all in one location with the doors locked heheheh.

I have asked the stores if they would bring something with them that could be raffled off. I told them they can bring anything they wanted to; something from inventory, corals, fish it didn’t matter. For that I don’t think we should ask them what or encourage them what to bring. Just the fact that they would take their time out and chat with us and show support for our local efforts would be great in its self.

So then I would like to thank all the LSFs for taking the time out to hear me out and chat with me, Sam , Jimmy, Chris, and Tim.

killingseed
05/22/2007, 01:41 PM
Some added notes. When I make this next flyer I will not being added any dates to them I will refer to reviewing this site for more detail, emailing me or calling me.

And RSPV can be done here as well. But most of all I think when we do a head count for a date we should think about saying we need a 4 or 5 person count maybe even higher before we agree on the date or something along that line

killingseed
05/24/2007, 11:18 AM
just to keep people informed i looked in to "park and rec" and they might have some nice places to hold it with one issue. they charge none profit's groups $15 per-hour for a room. its just another places we could hold a meeting if anything down the road.

so if you have a place i could look into feel free to contribute you idea's and i will do so.

thanks

sailguy28
05/26/2007, 09:34 AM
I'd vote for earlier in the day and somewhere easy to get to and find. I always get lost down there in EP!

killingseed
05/26/2007, 05:23 PM
Now that I have had time to look into some places for holding meetings there are options out there and I found a nice place with lots of room, kitchen if needed, inside, projector and very large screen to watch movies or presentations and can hold a lot of people as well as help promote the club. Best of all its free for club meetings, it’s the downtown public library.

Having a place where we can hold it can relieve some stress of wondering where next. I need to get a little more detail from this place. It does have times and days we can and cant use it. I was down there looking at the meeting room today. I think it make a great location for having the meetings. Sunday is free parking most the libraries all have meeting rooms so we can have it any where there is a library once the meeting is set up with the library a head of time.

I wouldn’t mind holding it at the zoo, maybe down the road. Also keep in mind we could still use other places to hold it as well, let’s not limit ourselves. If you have a place in mind to hold the meetings you can give me a name and or number I will look in to it.

killingseed
05/30/2007, 12:13 PM
well i have a date for the downtown libary meeting room. to let people know a head that at a place like this the date can not be changed. many other local clubs use these meeting rooms as well like chass clubs and others.

this room has more then enough room for all. invite you friends and other reefers as well.

i will post the information in the next couple days as i confirm information.

zed915
05/30/2007, 07:40 PM
When and what time?

killingseed
06/05/2007, 11:12 AM
Ok here is the information for the July meeting. This date can not be changed. only because of where it is being held. I would like to see at least 5 people RSVP to this thread to confirm they are going to show up.

Tanks (thanks)

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n238/killingseed/elpmas-7-07half.jpg

killingseed
06/05/2007, 11:15 AM
i will try to get a couple copys of this flyer to all the LFS by this weekend.

killingseed
06/23/2007, 01:28 PM
i have been working on the forms to make the ELPMAS a offical non-profit group.

i will be bring some of the stuff that has been worked on with me next meeting for all to review.

after the meeting i will be posting that info one by one. so allcan take part will their 2 cent before i start sending the paper work in.

there are things that need to be done and taked about before i feel that the paper work can be finished.

one things that is needed in order to file for non-profit is mission statements. charters and by-law. i have been reviewing a lot of other clubs and thier stuff as well as samples that are out there on the net. so if there are things in these papers anyone like to review , change or be added Please take part while you can.

during the next meeting i would like to hear what project you all woudl like to do next. the more stuff can do the more fun it will be for all.