PDA

View Full Version : Need info on where to dive in Cozumel

alligator
09/06/2002, 01:05 PM
My local scuba shop is setting up 8 day trips to Cozumel this winter. Unfortuately, I cannot go for 8 days. I'd like to set up a short trip (maximum of 4 days) to Cozumel.

Can anyone recommend how I should get started? How do I find a package, or do I even need a package? I can get the name of the Cozumel dive shop that my local dive shop uses, so at least I'll have a dive shop I trust - but I don't know where to stay, or how to even look into package trips.

Any ideas?

jasonc
09/10/2002, 03:28 PM
Get in touch with bayadventures.com - they can hook you with some affordable, all-inclusive packages.

raptor
09/13/2002, 07:42 AM
Also try www.padi.com. Great site for information and travel planning.

alligator
09/13/2002, 10:12 AM
Hmm, visit the PADI site? That would be treason. I'm NAUI certified. :eek2:

Good ideas, I'll check them out now.

mjh
09/16/2002, 04:06 PM
Rodale's Scuba Diving Magazine and web site always have a ton of package trips advertised.

ncscubaguy
09/27/2002, 07:59 PM
Scuba Club is great its all inclusive, no tv no telephones, within walking distance of downtown, private pier, great dive masters. I give them 2 thumbs up. There rates are very affordable and it includes all the shore diving you can stand, not sure whether the boat dives are included, they were in my package.

Aquatic Noggin
10/02/2002, 09:11 AM
I agree that Rodale's is a great website. I used it when I planned my trip to Cozumel last May. Here's a link to check out:

http://www.scubadiving.com/tripfinder/main.php/results/view/Cozumel