PDA

View Full Version : Local Stores

CherryCat
09/06/2002, 07:20 AM
besides the hidden reef, and petco, are there any other stores within, say, an hour's drive of where you live that have (decent) marine stuff available??

the frazer zoo, in frazer, has started stocking marine fish and inverts. they've been battling a bad case of flatworms since almost day one but, at least they're trying. prices are a bit on the high side, too.

something fishy, up near allentown, is an awesome place for livestock. he's only open on weekends, tho.

Groucho
09/06/2002, 10:49 AM
I think Frazer Zoo has pretty good prices for fish, dry goods are pricey. Flatworm problem has kept me from buying any coral, but the prices seem a little high.

Every now and then I pop into Fishman in Wilmington - 2 locations - just to see what's there. Everything is way too expensive, though.

All in all, Hidden Reef is the best I've found.

Good post, JC - I'm anxious to see if any new stores are around.

ed

Spykey
09/06/2002, 02:08 PM
I liKe the Aquarium Center in Blackwood NJ. They have a better selection of livestock than the hidden reef, but their drygoogs are a little overpriced.

CherryCat
09/08/2002, 02:44 PM
planning trip up to "something fishy" next saturday, the 14th ... if anyone else wants to tag along, drop me a line ...

JerseyReef
09/08/2002, 06:48 PM
A "Shear of Heaven" in Allentown has a good SPS collection. It's on Rt. 145 south of US-22...

Ocean Image
09/08/2002, 07:58 PM
I have to confirm with the wife, but I would be interested in going.